Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my interior back to the SS style vinyl and am torn as to what color.
The cowl tag shows it as a aqua bucket with Tahitian turquoise exterior but as you can see, its now more of a Mist blue exterior.

I cant decide if the aqua interior would look ok with that exterior or if I should go ahead and go with light blue.
Opinions?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ggrrrrrrr

you guys arent helping. I considered black also, but my dash is the same color as the exterior and the headliner is a little darker like the lighter blue on the seats. decisions, decisions.:mad:

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
you guys arent helping. I considered black also, but my dash is the same color as the exterior and the headliner is a little darker like the lighter blue on the seats. decisions, decisions.:mad:
paint the inside with a jamb gun...i did mine:yes:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Although black would look good...with your paint color and headliner and dash being blue I would go with the light blue interior and besides everyone has black including me! Go blue on blue and be different!!:D

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
While I'm partial to black, your upcoming AC conversion will work better with a light colored interior.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Although black would look good...with your paint color and headliner and dash being blue I would go with the light blue interior and besides everyone has black including me! Go blue on blue and be different!!:D
While I'm partial to black, your upcoming AC conversion will work better with a light colored interior.
X2...stay with blue.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I vote Light Blue. I've never been a fan of that Aqua in Blue cars.....:no:

·
Registered
157 Posts
We have similar problems my interior is light blue just finished in the fall (sorry dont have any pictures) but I dont know what shade of blue for the outside. My light blue looks great glad I went with it. Im thinking mist blue and gray just dont know how dark or light of a blue yet. Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was leaning light blue already, looks like thats what I'll be doing. I just needed that push
Good choice. My '64 had been re-done at some point before I got it, outside painted an un-determined shade of metallic blue, but the interior was a mix of blue with the dash, doors, and door panels aqua. Looked hideous. After about 4 years on the road, I had about all I could take so I'm re-doing it! Here's what it looked like before...

No "after" pix of the dash etc. as yet since I haven't gotten quite that far. Just thought I'd post this so you know you made the right decision! You have a sharp looking car there, an aqua interior just would not look good IMHO.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I would say go with the light blue!:yes:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
All 3 of my 65 SS came with black interior so I 'm going back Black ,If you are going the stock look Go back stock if not pick the color you like & go with it

' Later Larry Mc

1 - 20 of 26 Posts