Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone so I recently bought a 62 coupe
And the carb is missing a lot of parts including the choke plate so it’s really hard cold starting and one person told me that it’s the wrong carb to begin with. It’s a Rochester mono jet. So I am going to just buy a new carb. The issue is I’m finding a lot of mixed information and the only ones that specifically say they fit are like $200 and I’ve seen eBay ones for like $80. the engine is a 3.2L 194. If anyone can tell me what carb I need or send a link would be awesome. eBay would be fine here is one link that say it fits a 153 2.5L and a 250 4.1L but doesn’t say it fits mine. Is there any reason why it won’t fit mine. Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
4,304 Posts
Good question. There are a ton of options.

You have a 'monojet'? Your car would have come with a Rochester BV most likely, new. But if you have a mono jet, you can rebuild it, purchase a rebuilt unit on eBay or any one of a number of internet sources, or you could do that with a Rochester BV as well. I run a Rochester BV on my 194 and though it took a while to dial in, it works fine now.

A number of SNS members have run a Weber carb, and there have been a number of other solutions I have seen, like a Carter YF. So it depends on if you want to run what you have, run what's original to a '62, or go another route. The Rochesters can be problematic, but when they're properly rebuilt on a good core, they are fine, in my opinion.

One Rochester Monojet might not be like another for several reasons: Different throttle linkage, different choke method (divorced, electric, heat riser-type), throttle bore, or jetting, among other differences. Hope to hear from members with stock 6 cylinder engines who have a good experience with the carb they've chosen to use.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I bought mine for my inline 6 from rockauto and it does very good. I do not have a link but it should be easy to find

1 - 3 of 3 Posts