Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't seen any threads out there on car insurance would like to know what's out there and whats good or what people have done
Was looking at hagerty

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have Hagerty and they were great when I hit a deer with my 70 Monte . Sent pictures and took it to the person I wanted to repair it and everything was handled. Repair shop said they only had one minor concern and were great to work with.

bg

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
AAA collector car policy. No issues but never had a claim. 5K mileage restriction and must be garaged. Stated value .Was cheaper than the one's mentioned prior.. At least for me.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
J.C. Taylor for over 30 years

·
Registered
50 Posts
Grundy and Haggerty????

Forgive my ignorance, but I have not heard of either of these insurance companies. Do they specialize in classic cars and are they available in all states?
Thanks for helping educate me..

·
Registered
523 Posts
I use an old friend of mine as an agent and using Grundy. He sells both and said Grundy had a better coverage for the buck and better to work with. If you go online to get a bid put the value at 25k. Anything less and it is more money. Agent said it is because they use that figure for a national average and base price. http://www.grundy.com/

·
Banned
872 Posts
insurance

i use american national county mutual insurance company for my 66 nova its covered for 55grand an theres no interior n it just a seat it limited to 10000 miles a year it cost me 217 every 6 months give ken a call 214 387 9959 tell em i sent ya

·
Registered
523 Posts
I use an old friend of mine as an agent and using Grundy. He sells both and said Grundy had a better coverage for the buck and better to work with. If you go online to get a bid put the value at 25k. Anything less and it is more money. Agent said it is because they use that figure for a national average and base price. http://www.grundy.com/
I have 4 cars insured with them. 40 Ford Coupe at $45k, 40 Ford Pickup at $25k, another 40 Ford nailhead powered pickup project at $25k and those three are $479 a year. My wife's 62 vert at $25k is under $150 a year. The good thing is you only pay state required liability once for each driver on the first car and the rest are comp/collision uninsured, medical and towing only. The only bad thing I can say is the all come due at the same time. Ouch!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts