Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another question(guess I still have a use in logging in;) ): What is the ABSOLUTE SMALLEST piping you guys can think of that I can pick up at Lowes or Home Depot? I need it to make some goodies.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Watcha makin????

BTW nice avatar Flyer, that guy looks like he was using a small pipe too!!!;)

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
copper tubing is going to be pretty soft, and will bend pretty easily. You might be able to find some regular plumbing in 1/4", but that may be measured inside diameter instead of outside diameter. Find a welding supply house in your area. You will have a wide choice of tubing sizes, and probably material, and the metal will be finished a little better than pipe will be.

Johnny, my avatar is speaking to your avatar. Could ya slap 'em so he'll pay attention???!!:eek: :D

Randy (if you can find somebody there, ask!!):eek: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
supernovanator said:
1/8" huh? I ask because I want to make a grill....

Funny thing, I thought you might want to make a still.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
if this grill is for your car, i highly suggest not using anything from a home supply shop because when your done it will look like you did...just my opinion, i did some pretty crappy stuff like that a few years back on my mx3....tried chicken wire for a grill, stuff like that:D

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new2novas said:
if this grill is for your car, i highly suggest not using anything from a home supply shop because when your done it will look like you did...just my opinion, i did some pretty crappy stuff like that a few years back on my mx3....tried chicken wire for a grill, stuff like that:D
c'mon, if a 14 year-old(noisiest kid you've ever heard!) can make swords and daggers from leaf springs, I can make a grill! I was thinkin' about the phantom billet look. you know, covering the headlights?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
supernovanator said:
I might just get some stainless rods and a bender, then(don't call me an idiot!) chrome plate it...
You can just polish the stainless your self it'll save you some $$.It's fairly easy to do.

Paul

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You could always use some solid steel dowel rods. It would be solid!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts