Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what battery to use with a 383 stroker with 11.1 compression? Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
NOt sure what everyone use's....I have an Interstate 700 cca

·
Registered
407 Posts
i would use a pair of duracell AA bateries:rotfl:

i dont think you are going about this the right way.

i would look at what kind of starter to buy for such a high compresson engine.

you can buy the best battery in the world.but if the starter is not built for turning an engine that has that much compression you wont be able to turn the engine or burn up the starter really quick.

now if you have the correct starter and an ok battery you will have no problems starting your car.

if you are going to run lots of high power lights and a killer stereo system then yes you need a really good battey and a good alternator.

but if all you are worried about is turning that engine to start the car and you are not running fancy lights and stereos you dont need the expensive battery.

it does not hurt to have a top of the line battery when you have the extra cash but if all you are worried about is turning the engine spend the money on a hightorque starter and get a decent battery

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Not sure what you posted before, but the correct starter is your major decision. You don't have to spend a lot on a battery. Anything in the 750 to 850 cca should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts