Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I am wondering what are you guys doing now in this summer. Given the long and cold winters you just experienced, I suspected that you would be planning more gatherings and cruises, but we're not hearing anything specific above the ground chatter here in SNS.

Do you guys gather with one another? Do you cruise somewhere?

One of these days I would like to venture up north and attend some car shows and/or cruises.

Keep it alive, folks! Tells us what you've been doing, and post some images if you have them.

Your "wanna-be honorary Canadian" (ha! I wish!)

GerryLP:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
This weekend was pretty full.

Mission Raceway had the old time drags and show and shine. Lots of fun and noise, car show down at the beach today, two members were there, that I know of, every Friday there is at least one car at the Tim Horton's out in Langley, or the A & W or at KMS Tools.

Thursdays in Maple Ridge, and it goes on.

Reason you haven't heard anything is that everybody is out driving or doing something.

By the way, there is usually only one month or maybe two that I don't take the car out at least one weekend. It gets below freezing here for maybe a week, last year was an exception with about 6 weeks of ugly.

Have fun driving yours, I sure am!!!

ray

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Managing 3 kids and a wife, overtime everyday at work...Jack is a dull boy. My shop is looking good. All my wiring is now finished, compressor wired in, mig too. Insulated and polyied, now time to board and paint. Everything is in a pile in the center of the shop and sadly the Nova sits outside:(. Cant wait to gitter all done!!!
Just picked up 22ft GMC motorhome and hopefully we all can go camping asap :D
Nova time in the winter-Insulation+heat= production

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ray,

You are right. It is probably because everyone is up and about trying to enjoy the summer. I guess that I just imagine life near the frozen tundra a race of sorts against time...you know, like the children story about the forest creatures that prepare for the winter and the ones that do not...lolol:D

Deuce,

I know what you mean. I have been trying to finish the insulation in my garage, but with the Monsoon season with us for a bout two months now, I am affraid of leaving the car outside, for hail is a common thunderstorm by-product (dings the heck out a car :rolleyes:).

At any rate, I got both cars running (the Acadian and the Vette), and I am not planning in starting any projects this coming winter either. The winters tend to be pretty mild precipitation-wise, but the winds can chill the heat coming out of the tail pipes...:eek::rolleyes::D

But listen to me...telling you guys how cold it gets here...lolol:turn: New Mexico is probably where you guys would go to escape the winter...:D:D:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just sittin here in 40*C weather in Osoyoos, just came down from a fishing trip @ Tunkwa Lake Resort (treated by my wife) Will be here for the next 10 days or so.... Wife had to go back to work an we are switching gear, from fishing (12' Aluminum boat to 16' Ski/Wake board boat) she will be gone for 3 days me and my girls {6 & 10} will be able to get some R&R after the looooog weeeeeeeeekend.
What a lucky Guy I am to have such an understanding wife. As for the rest of the Month we shal see.

Hey people,

I am wondering what are you guys doing now in this summer. Given the long and cold winters you just experienced, I suspected that you would be planning more gatherings and cruises, but we're not hearing anything specific above the ground chatter here in SNS.

Do you guys gather with one another? Do you cruise somewhere?

One of these days I would like to venture up north and attend some car shows and/or cruises.

Keep it alive, folks! Tells us what you've been doing, and post some images if you have them.

Your "wanna-be honorary Canadian" (ha! I wish!)

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just sittin here in 40*C weather in Osoyoos, just came down from a fishing trip @ Tunkwa Lake Resort (treated by my wife) Will be here for the next 10 days or so.... Wife had to go back to work an we are switching gear, from fishing (12' Aluminum boat to 16' Ski/Wake board boat) she will be gone for 3 days me and my girls {6 & 10} will be able to get some R&R after the looooog weeeeeeeeekend.
What a lucky Guy I am to have such an understanding wife. As for the rest of the Month we shal see.
Lucky indeed! Wow!

It is great when at least one's spouse understnads one's passions. The "Sports" guy is lucky when the wife likes footbal and other sports, and the "gearhead" guy is lucky when the wife says,"We need to get another Musclecar for me"..:D

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Every Friday we meet at a local strip mall, we're all car enthusiasts with different makes and models. The chat is pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Tunkwa Lake.....awesome place! We have a boys trip 2wice a year for the weekend. Great fishing and great times:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes great time and my 6 year old caught her first fish on her Barbie rod with flashing LED lights on the reel.:yes:
Guys, I know what you mean. Those are the most precious times, for they will never come back. And Duce, that is classic! I wonder if it would be illegal to use those reel lights at night while fishing...:D:D

Here is a photo of myself and daughter Danielle at Shaver Lake, California in the summer of 1993. She's now starting her sophomore year at UNM, and plans to eventually start a career as a nurse.

Time does fly's...:eek::(:rolleyes::D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts