Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have no idea what they are worth because there are sooooo many sets on ebay and soooooo little sets on local CL websites.:eek: Would love some guesses!:D

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Bout 150-200 with a willing buyer for what you have there......I traded off a set like that on good tires for a 68 Impala 2 door hardtop. Moral of the story-I guess the skys the limit and a little elbow grease and argent paint goes a long way.

Sometimes, ITS ALL IN THE PRESENTATION.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bout 150-200 with a willing buyer for what you have there......I traded off a set like that on good tires for a 68 Impala 2 door hardtop. Moral of the story-I guess the skys the limit and a little elbow grease and argent paint goes a long way.

Sometimes, ITS ALL IN THE PRESENTATION.
ha well I don't want to screw a Nova brother over! :no:

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
You asked what they are worth.

Put a price on em and see what they bring.

As they are-
150-200 with trim rings and caps is the going rate.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
If your asking price is too high, then somebody will offer less. Even if it isn't too high, some people will offer less!!! Get the roller out and put a coat of nice looking paint on 'em, and price them about $250 -$300!!:devil:

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
What are the codes by the valve stem? Knowing the application and date code can change their value. Sometimes restorers are willing to pay a little more for the "correct" wheel.

Don

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
They look like 15x7 rallys not 8, measure the inside of the lip. I say $100-$150for 15x7's as is and $150-$200 if you clean and paint them.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look like 15x7 rallys not 8, measure the inside of the lip. I say $100-$150for 15x7's as is and $150-$200 if you clean and paint them.
With the lip they are 9" or so... I measured 8" from what looked like the outside mounting surface of the actual tire on each side. The tires are 215 and 205, so it may make them look off.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
What is the offset, of them?

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

For L-R and R-F, the wierd symbol is hard to see. It coule be a backwards E or F or something like that?:confused: Oh and all of the wheels are coded FW around the valve stem.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
The FW means Monte Carlo (first used in 1971), 15X7 JJ (JJ is Rally), They have a .30 inch offset from center. GM wheels were not measured by their backspacing, rather by their offset. Corvette wheels are a negative offset (-.50 on the AG wheels) and look like reversed wheels. Negative pushes the tire out and positive pushes the tire in. Rough backspace would be as follows. (7 divided 2 = 3.5 inches plus .30 offset equals 3.8 inch backspacing) I have a pair of these wheels on the back of my '70. They fit great.

The other numbers are the date codes. The K-1-6 is K=Kelsey-Hayes, 1 is the Romulus, MI plant, and the last digit (the 6 or 7) is the year, in this case 1976 and 1977.

Hope this helps.

Don

1 - 16 of 16 Posts