Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the last items I found in my box of parts that came with the car. anyone know where they go? 67 SS IMG_2934.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
They go on the inside of the bucket seats (under the rug) to hold up the carpet. Put those in as they are hard to get.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
You can see the holes for screws where they bolt in...sides of the tunnel

between the last two sets of console brackets. You can see the space

they fit. The smaller size fits on the drivers side with

the longer piece going on the passenger side.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well than I probably covered the holes with dynamax. The carpet is in as well as the console and everything looks ok, what is the issue if I dont put them in? I appreciate the help,.Is it worth the effort to tear everything out or will I regret not doing it?

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
If you have the dynamax down and the rugs, then I would not worry about it now. They are there to help keep the carpet from bunching up in the space. They did not have dynamax back in the day.

Keep the plates or sell them...up to you now.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
518 Posts
i agree with Nova Boy. are you going to peek down in that spot--better yet, have you even looked there since you put the carpet down?

just looked at mine, and it does make for a nice flat surface, but till you mentioned it, never once looked at it. there are buckets in tight to the tunnel plus there is a console there (on mine), so chances are it will go mostly unseen.

however, if you don't have carpet down and seats in, easy enough to slice out the small amount of dynamat and then lay those guys on top--surely won't hurt to add them.

fyi, mine were held in by hex head screws like the ones that hold on the kick panel air vents.

-Rusty

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have the dynamax down and the rugs, then I would not worry about it now. They are there to help keep the carpet from bunching up in the space. They did not have dynamax back in the day.

Keep the plates or sell them...up to you now.

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Thanks Nova Boy, what do you think a fair price is?
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I figure these little covers might be there to support the carpet and may just support the carpet and keep it from retreating into the wells on iether side of the trans trans tunnel. Probably not a regrettable situation.
Thanks Nova Thug that 2nd pic yours cleared it up for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts