Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started out with the weather. For the last month it has been raining, which I wouldn't mind if I could drive my Nova, but the windshield wiper motor needs to be replaced and the hatch seal is leaking and it wasn't quite running right...(not too bad right?) but then one day the sky cleared and my boyfriend and I decided to go for a cruise, it started out fine until I took my shoes off and felt a hole in the floor, it can't be too bad he said, but as we picked up speed the carpet lifted up higher and higher off the floor. We thought we're not gonna let this stop us we'll go for a ride to town and check it out when we get back. I noticed people looking at the car and I was thinking they like the car, but when we got to the garage I found out why people were looking..the gas tank strap had rotted off the trunk floor and it was hanging..and of course you cannot buy a replacement trunk pan for a '73 Nova SS Hatchback..as luck would have it..so while ripping out the carpet to see what this hole was all about, I found out that the windshield wiper seal is gone cause of all the water that was running into the car on the drivers side and the soaking wet carpet. I also found the hole, I can stick my fist through it...we found a hole in one header (which would be causing the car to run like ***** and backfire) from the car backfiring we completely blew out a muffler. The pinion seal is gone, the M-22 in it is leaking tranny fluid like crazy, the tie rod is shot. So needless to say after just recieving this car as a b-day gift from my b/f in march we didn't get a whole lot of cruising in...so now it's parked in our showroom awaiting a complete rebuild from bumper to bumper....and of course he's a mopar fanatic, and has been trying to convert me to a dodge girl for as long as we've been together, and now he's really trying to push it....but don't worry guy's and gals I'm in it for the long haul! I am kind of excited now that I can tear it right down and build it the way I want it and go through the whole thing and make sure this will never happen again! I will keep you all posted on the progress!

·
Registered
675 Posts
My experience went kind of the opposite way. I bought a car that I thought had been gone through really nice, and paid the money it should have been worth. Now a year after purchasing it, I continue to notice things here and there that are becoming nuisances. Thankfully you found your problemas early on and are handling it the proper way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts