Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Yeah, his prices are all over the place.... he's been trying to sell that carb for a while now.

This being said, some of his stuff he lets go cheap. :yes: I've bought a few items from him and have been quite happy - he ships immediately; the third time he even sent the stuff to me before I paid for it.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
36 Posts
you'd be suprised

Ebay is a crazy thing !!! I sold my excellent cond 1969 396-375 dash cluster w/ 6000rpm redline tach for 1820.00 on ebay!!! I was hoping for 6-700:yes:

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
you would think for that asking price he could at least clean it up and rebuild it

·
13,729 Posts
The 3245 carb was exclusive to the 1966 L79 Chevy II. Obviously, they're quite rare. If I had this carb, I'd ask $2500, too. All you need is one person out there restoring an L79 'as original' and in need of a 3245 carb within these date parameters. If he sees this ad, it's sold. You can always drop your price, but you can never increase it. It's worth a try at this price.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
The 3245 carb was exclusive to the 1966 L79 Chevy II. Obviously, they're quite rare. If I had this carb, I'd ask $2500, too. All you need is one person out there restoring an L79 'as original' and in need of a 3245 carb within these date parameters. If he sees this ad, it's sold. You can always drop your price, but you can never increase it. It's worth a try at this price.

Bob
I totally agree. I've been looking for years for a 7027272 Q-jet. They just aren't out there. I've seen many Pontiac Ram Air Q-jets sell for $2500 or more. It all depends how badly you need a part. If you're doing a $100,000 restoration, $2500 for a correct carb is just a drop in the bucket and well worth having.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have bought several items from him and have always gotten an item exactlty as described for a resonable price. Every time I talk with Doug on the phone, I usually learn something new about a rare part.

Jerry in KY

1 - 10 of 10 Posts