Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of car shows coming up in Sioux City and Moville IA. There is a local car club, Sioux City Strollers, that include members from the tri state area ... Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska. I will be there looking for other Nova enthusiasts!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another Sioux City Car Show

Is it okay to post this? I thought you might want to know about this car show as well.

*Edit - I'm not allowed to add a link yet so it isn't working. Here are the details:

There is a car show at Knoepfler Chevrolet at 100 Jackson St. in Sioux City on June 15th from 1-4 p.m. Raffle at 3:00 p.m.
The first 100 cars entries get dash plaques and goody bags. Free admission. *Car show entries - enter lot through Jackson St.
All raffle proceeds will benefit the Crittenton Center's Children's Shelter.

I don't work for them or anything, just passed along the information from their poster.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Might have to try and make those shows. Have some relatives close to Sioux City with 66-67 novas and I’m only a couple hours away.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Back in the 70s I believe it was Kidder/Knophler. They sold at least 2, maybe 3 Yenko deuces. And there's an original owner sunflower yellow Yenko deuce not to far from there in Neb. Probably was on the same transport as mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back in the 70s I believe it was Kidder/Knophler. They sold at least 2, maybe 3 Yenko deuces. And there's an original owner sunflower yellow Yenko deuce not to far from there in Neb. Probably was on the same transport as mine.
You are correct. Here's a bit of history.

Since its founding in 1922, when Duane Kidder and Ryal Miller set up business, the dealership has continued to provide Sioux City residents with dependable and reliable sales and service.

Miller and Kidder's business made its home at several downtown Sioux City City locations, moving in the 1930s to the corner of Ninth and Pierce streets, where the main facility operated until 1971. Before moving to its present site at 100 Jackson Street, the auto dealership was doing business at several sites around town. A desire to group all of the company's business interests at one location prompted the move to the present business complex. Coordinating the move to the present location was Jim Knoepfler. Jim joined the dealership as a truck salesman in 1952.

There have been several name changes throughout the years. The Kidder-Knoepfler name was adopted in 1965. In 1979, after the death of Duane Kidder, the present Knoepfler Chevrolet name was chosen. Jim Knoepfler became president of the company in 1963. In 1989 Jim retired from active participation at the dealership.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Very cool! Do you have a face book page? I manage the Heartland Novas page. Would be glad to post it on our wall if I can(not a techie). Also you're all invited to the Heartland Nova Reunion coming up June 13 14 15 (see sticky on this page)Lots of very cool Novas in IA, and the border states. :yes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cool! Do you have a face book page? I manage the Heartland Novas page. Would be glad to post it on our wall if I can(not a techie). Also you're all invited to the Heartland Nova Reunion coming up June 13 14 15 (see sticky on this page)Lots of very cool Novas in IA, and the border states. :yes:
Sorry, not on facebook... I will see what my work schedule is around those dates and try to make it. I am sure its an awesome gathering of Novas!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts