Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody heard of them, or even better, used one of their converters? They are in Simi Valley and recommended by a local trans shop that will be installing a 200R4 in my 67. I plan to go by their place tomorrow to check their operation. They are actually next door to Edge, so I will check them out also. Any recommendations on what to ask and/or look for in their converters?

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Bob- they should ask you alot of questions with regards to your engine,cam rear end gears,etc.. Driving as well. You drive your car ALOT, not just at the strip. So I"d think they will suggest a convertor that will be the best "all around" for your combination. But, make them be specific. Your engine should be able to achieve 2,600, 2,800 stall speeds IMO?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob- they should ask you alot of questions with regards to your engine,cam rear end gears,etc.. Driving as well. You drive your car ALOT, not just at the strip. So I"d think they will suggest a convertor that will be the best "all around" for your combination. But, make them be specific. Your engine should be able to achieve 2,600, 2,800 stall speeds IMO?
Dale, great minds think alike :D. I was thinking about stall speed of 2800-3000. With OD, the cruise down to LA will be even nicer!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can buy with or without a lock up. Having a lockup is almost like having another gear.
Chuck, I like the idea of a lockup as long as it doesn't compromise the stall speed and can handle the HP. I know the lockup wouldn't be engaged at the the track, but I plan to add spray in the future, so the converter would be looking at something north of 550 HP :devil:.

·
3,863 Posts
Wire the transmission to lock up in fourth gear only. Very simple and only requires one wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts