Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to the WCHRA Spring Nationals on the 4th and 5th of April at Famoso? I plan on going to the T&T on the 3rd to check out the activity. Ran Hot Rod at the March Meet, but I think I'll run D/G this time if I decide to make it a full weekend.

Best run 10.678 122.22mph r/t .051 (now I just have to be consistent)

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seeing if this post will generate a little more response

Test and tune for this event is next Friday, April 3rd from noon to 7pm. I'll be there trying to decide to run D/G or Bracket for the Spring Nationals. I guess I could run both, but don't want to beat the hell out of my car. I had some issues with my alternator at the March Meet, so I pulled it out. It will be interesting if I can notice any difference. I guess the purpose of this post is to see if anyone else out there is planning on going. Anyone???:confused:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
oh man i would love to go but i have some issues with my car and also dont have truck or trailor is this event at bakersfield , how much is braket my car runs low 12s it just a street/strip car just thaught i would ask so i can mark it down for next year. :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I remember seeing your car at the Meet, but failed to meet up with you!! Glad Mike got some pictures at the big end for you. We are making the trek back up for DragFest '09. It'll be a budget weekend, camping out in the trailer, but we'll always have a cold one for Nova guys!! Just cut me off at- - - - about four or five!!! The field at the finish line should be much greener for all the hangover induced chumming I did out there!!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh man i would love to go but i have some issues with my car and also dont have truck or trailor is this event at bakersfield , how much is braket my car runs low 12s it just a street/strip car just thaught i would ask so i can mark it down for next year. :yes:
yep :yes: it's in Bakersfield...costs $50 just for t&t or $50 to race for the two days and there's a special price :cool: $100 for both (go figure). Shouldn't be as crowded as the March Meet...that was crazy, but that's Famoso. It's a great track and attracts a lot of racers. I noticed you're in Riverside, I worked at Bourns on Columbia for over 13 years, lived in Redlands while I was there. I was thinking about getting out to Irwindale before it gets too hot. Do you ever get out that way?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I'm not sure if we'll make it, but the next time we meet, the order in this photo may be reversed! Might not be ready until Dragfest.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember seeing your car at the Meet, but failed to meet up with you!! Glad Mike got some pictures at the big end for you. We are making the trek back up for DragFest '09. It'll be a budget weekend, camping out in the trailer, but we'll always have a cold one for Nova guys!! Just cut me off at- - - - about four or five!!! The field at the finish line should be much greener for all the hangover induced chumming I did out there!!:rolleyes:
Yep...nothin' better than a bud and smokin a mopar! I'll take you up on the offer:beer:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i havent gone to irwindale for a long time was going to try to go next thursday i dont know yet im on a limited budget and might be taking the car down to change out the converter

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
We are making the trek back up for DragFest '09. It'll be a budget weekend, camping out in the trailer, but we'll always have a cold one for Nova guys!!

Dale,
What exactly is DragFest? They don't have any info on the Fomosa website.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I'll have to remember that when I see your tail lights...that will be some consolation...
We're actually going to keep it tamed down so the car doesn't do anything crazy--like stand on the bumper!! It'll be the engine from my Nova in de-tuned form. Probably set it up to go mid 11's; 40 year old drum brake truck suspension might not like going too fast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts