Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a long lonely ride alone to Pageland last night to do a bracket race. Car was awesome but the driver was slack. Car ran three 5.42s and a 5.43 but I lost second round .009 red. I was .006 for the dash for cash and ran a 5.421 for a .007 package. Added 10 to the box for 1st round and had a .013 light and won. Then changed nothing for 2nd round and went red........LOL. The other guy had a .0001 light so he probably had my ticket anyway.......LOL. Drove 104 miles home, late, though the county, on rural roads and that wore me down too.......LOL. I slept good. RM

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Well at least your racing. That's more than I can say. Man I can not wait to get mine running again. How come you went by your self? None of your buddies wanted to go?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Jeffeson Pageland!:D:D http://jpdragway.com/

I like the food!

You going to the PTRA race there?

How did ya do at Zmax with that?

Al

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeffeson Pageland!:D:D http://jpdragway.com/

I like the food!

You going to the PTRA race there?

How did ya do at Zmax with that?

Al
Yes I am going to the PTRA event in 2 weeks at Pageland. I qualified 7th I think at Z Max, won first round and lost second round. I lost to a 5.3001 with a .020 light. I was toast when I let go of the transbrake.......LOL. I had to go alone because my friend Ricky had a mothers day deal and had to back out late. I had 13 buddies with cars racing at Pageland so I had lots of company and help when there but the friggin ride was tough. I'll be 62 Wed and at this age things get tough.......LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Joe, quit your whinin...I'll be 63 next month! :D

We took the new car out Fri night and Saturday. Had our share of new car gremlins with a lot of little stuff. Saturday afternoon, the Glide let go, so we're heading out again Friday. We've got a spare trans, so will be all set. Got the car to launch good on some partial passes so we're making progress.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
63 next month? WHOA! :) Stay after it Mike, post up some times when you get it going. I hate the T&T tracks.......LOL. Maybe you got better prep work on that side of the country......LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Trans is apart...it took out high gear...wierd. Ours trans guy is going to check it over good but there was nothing noticeably wrong other than the clutches were shot.

Will hopefully make some 1/8th passes, maybe full on Friday.

Track prep is very very good, even on T&T nights. Last Friday night the air was -450ft D/A, so missed a good opportunity.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My trans guy worries when the car short shifts into high gear with the juice on. He said it really loads the clutch pack bad. He feels letting it shift then adding a load is better or best is let it wind up and shift like it was designed.....LOL. Keep us posted. RM

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Joe, you may of hit the nail on the head...on the last run Friday night, the nitrous didn't come on until 7,300 rpm (where our shift point is), so it went right off the motor to nitrous about the time she shifted which probably put a pretty heavy load on the trans with both the shift and 300hp shot from the first kit hitting. It took out the high gear clutch pack.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I turn on the juice today after the car shifts but when it gets hotter and the car slows down I'll probably have to turn it on sooner which will put me into the shift. Maybe I can get this set up to run faster as I get the timing and fuel tune up better. It is fat and I am pulling more timing than needed to stay safe as I learn a tuneup........LOL. I hope as the tuneup gets better the car will go faster so turning it on soooner won't be necessary. RM

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
We turn the 1st kit on right at the transbrake release but of course we are spraying the entire run.

We put the new trans in today and Yvonne spent the afternoon getting everything buttoned up, so we're on schedule to hit the track tomorrow evening for some more test hits. I think we got it ready to at least get down the track a few times so we should be able to get the chassis dialed in hopefully before the track cools down too much.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Best of luck and as you know be careful. They wrecked another one last night at SS. Nobody hurt but a car torn up from hitting both walls. Joe

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Looks like from the RacePak data we cooked the converter Friday night. The launch was at almost 5,000 where it has always been at 3,900 and then it drove through the converter. I'm looking into getting one of the 10" bolt-together converters...expensive but almost bulletproof.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MAN! There goes a SS check or two.......LOL. Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts