Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have very hard water theres lots of rust in the water so much that my shower is red after about a mth

im afraid to wash my nova with this water because i think itll just make spots all over it

is there any products specifically made for hard water or any techniques that you use to stop the spotting

also would hard water make my car rust faster?

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
I've had lots of rusty sediment in my water for a while now. I used to use the 5-micron AquaPure ceramic filtration system, but got tired of changing the filters. So this year I did a major upgrade and put a large water filtration system in my garage w/a sand & gravel filtration media that is self-backwashing every 7 days.

Regardless, if you wash your car with some iron sediment in the water it's not likely to damage anything. Just be sure to hand-dry your car after washing and you won't have a spotting problem.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i love it when people pay for car washes. if you lived close you could call Cody's Mobile Car Wash llc.

i know the guy does great work LOL.
lol

actually ive only washed this car once but i went to the do it yourself place since my last townhouse didnt have a hose outlet

but i pay for my 06 corrolla to get washed i dont give a **** abotu that car ****ty *** paint is peeling everywhere from little rocks on the road hitting the front end its kinda pitiful

well thats why im giving the car to my lady and i wanna get a pickup for the winter the nova is the fun car been really itchin to drive it the brakes went out right b4 i put the car away for the winter and now its in the shop getting the disc conversion kit on it with my new wheels

·
Registered
544 Posts
The inline filter is a great idea for people with well water. Another product you can put into your wash bucket is from Optimum Car Care. It's their Optimum No Rinse. It is for washing the car without the use of a pressure washer and hose/bucket but I use it when doing a traditional wash on cars because it will soften the water and help lift the dirt to keep it from scratching the surface.
Check it out at www.optimumcarcare.com
The stuff will last a LONG time if used correctly. All you need is one capful for 2 gallons of water. I usually use 2 since I use well water at home or else I wash the vehicles with distilled water when I can in which I STILL use the No Rinse solution to help lift the dirt into the microfiber mitt instead of rubbing all over the paint surface and cause scratches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts