Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my friend drive the Nova last night i thought he was an allright driver. Well hes not he tried to take a roundabout at about 35-40 dident make the corner and hit the curb hard it bent my rally wheel messed the alinement all up. How hard is it to bend the control arm the tire is cocked in at the bottom out up top from being smaked. What got bent? The control arm dosent have any kinks in it it dosent look bent. could it have just bent the old lower control arm bolt. maybe hurt the ball joint? I need some help here.:bored::bored::mad:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can you post pics of the suspension......It would be alittle easier to diagnose IMO.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Measure the distance of both lower ball joints. I would pic a spot on the frame that is the same on both sides. measure the distance from the ball joint grease zerk to the location you have picked. Compare both sides. They should be relatively very close. If they are off, I would start with a lower control arm. The a-arm can bend and not have any signs of where it bent. I have replaced so many a-arms on cars, its not even funny. A-arm will usually bend before the knuckle. But the knuckles do bend as well. How are the mounting locations on the frame where the lower a-arm mount? Can you get any pictures??

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
OUCH!!! Ill bet he feels really bad. Camber change could mean bend parts or just whacked out of alignment. Stock suspension? Like on a MII front the upper A arm can slide at its two mounting bolts where it bolts up to the cross member. Measure everything from your good side then compare the bad side. You should be able to find where the change has taken place. JR

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
From what he has described. It doesn't sound like a mis-alignment or a tie rod. Pull off the wheel, take some pics and post them.

I'll bet it's a spindle/ lower control arm from the discription.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Hopefully being that he is your friend and all, you got him some ice to take down the swelling after you dotted his eye.

·
Registered
932 Posts
What the hell guys!>!>!>!>!!>

sence fridayy here in my town people i know have wrote off 2 cars and 2 trucks one is jacked up.........and about 4people broak there arms quaddin or dirbiking

geesh just because the weathers good is no excuse for accidents or lack of judgment EEERRRGGGG

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well boys i took the wheel off and inspected everything and nothing looks bent. except the lower ball joint! Yay! I put a different wheel on and it drives ok just pulls to the right a little and was clunking up front on the right side so i put a jack under the control arm and i can move the spindle back and fourth. so im going to start with the lower ball joint i hope thats all he did.

Thanks for all the great input guys! I really appreatiate it!:yes:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Well that not a bad repair. Im glad it was not more. Is the shaft of the ball joint bent?? Man, that some force. Pics would be good for us to see what we can look for when our buds take our cars for a drive :) Ok, sorry, I just wanna see what a bent ball joint looks like.. JR

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ohhhhhhhh you guys are such leeches!

Ya wanna see all the dirty details of the poor ol' hurt car?

'Tongue firmly planted in cheek'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts