Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I've heard and read alot lately about welding up spot weld with a complete bead to increase ridgitity to help eliminate or reduce body flex.Just curious if anyone has done this or knows if it works.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
It helps a stock suspension car and yes I have done several cars. I have done this to several of my personal cars which I race as well as several fox body Mustangs. The rear suspension torque boxes are very weak on the Mustangs and the rear shock area and spring mounts are weak on the 68/72 Novas. Adding frame connectors and at least a 10 point roll cage is the best fix then welding all the spot welded structures just make it all better. You can see how this all is done on my web site if you are interested. Look under the project section. RM
http://www.hotrodder.com/realmccoy/

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 89 Iroc Z 5.7 has had T roofs added and holy "rubber made" I think I'm going to try frame connecters.Thanks for tips'n tech.

Paul

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Killer site, Joe!!! Id never checked out ya site before, so I added it to my favorites. :)

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
CDJr, Thanks for the kind words on my web site. I need to update the thing and just flat haven't had the time. Thanks again, RM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts