Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Not trying to beat a dead horse here but just want confirmation. I've read more than I can count on peoples set ups and I'm still unsure. I've asked someone on here that runs the setup I'm looking at but just seeing if anyone has any input.

66' Chevy II, 4 wheel drum (soon to be front disc converted). I know the Right Stuff kit will push it out a tad up front but will I still be ok? How does this sound for fitment....

Front - 15x6 w/ 3.5" BS - 185/60-15 or 195/60-15 ? ?
Rear - 15x7 w/ 4.5" BS - 235/60-15

Thanks guys

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Rear combo is spot on,fronts need to be 15x5 to not rub.Been there and done that:(I had 185-60-15's on the front of mine

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the input!

Anyone else? 33hitman33 on here has 15x6 w/ 3.5 bs and he claims it fits, but it's tight?

I just want to be sure since I'm supposed to meet a guy to buy the fronts tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
I agree... Either go 15x5 or if you really want 15x6, do they have a 4" BS available?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are a 'used' set that I found locally. From what I've read it looks like they fit without rubbing. I read they don't, I read they will. I can't get a straight answer other than what I'm reading from people on here.

I guess I'll just take my chances. I found another thread where Nova1963 used the same size wheel with a 205-50-15?

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Look, I don't "claim" anything, I'm tellin ya like it is. I spent time PM'ing you and now this. Just so the rest of you know, I've got 15x6, 3.5 " bs, 195/60-15's fit fine stock. Then put on Right Stuff front disks, pushed them out but still fit fine. Drove 750 mi. on the HRPT and plenty more this summer to prove it. Never had one rub. Heading to Milan, Mi for a GM party tomorrow if it doesn't rain. :yes:

By the way you might get by with 245/60-15's on the rear (15x7, 4.5" bs) if your axle is perfectly centered and you have good leafs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look, I don't "claim" anything, I'm tellin ya like it is. I spent time PM'ing you and now this. Just so the rest of you know, I've got 15x6, 3.5 " bs, 195/60-15's fit fine stock. Then put on Right Stuff front disks, pushed them out but still fit fine. Drove 750 mi. on the HRPT and plenty more this summer to prove it. Never had one rub. Heading to Milan, Mi for a GM party tomorrow if it doesn't rain. :yes:

By the way you might get by with 245/60-15's on the rear (15x7, 4.5" bs) if your axle is perfectly centered and you have good leafs.
Whoa whoa, I wasn't trying to take a stab at you? I'm just trying to verify from others on the board before I just start buying wheels. As you can see on the above posts...mixed input from others. Case and point. I appreciate you letting me know your setup and helping me in my direction. I'd do the same for anyone else.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Ride height will play into the as well.My own experience with the Chevelle style front brakes that widen the track width by 5/8?? each side a 15x6 rubbed on the fenders and would not allow much of a turning radius.I had tired 6 cylinder springs that sat fairly low.I had to sell my 15x6 Prostars and get 15x5's.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Ride height will play into the as well.My own experience with the Chevelle style front brakes that widen the track width by 5/8?? each side a 15x6 rubbed on the fenders and would not allow much of a turning radius.I had tired 6 cylinder springs that sat fairly low.I had to sell my 15x6 Prostars and get 15x5's.
404, I was thinking of trying to change the look a little by going wider with more offset since I changed the brakes. I believe a 15x7 with a 4.5" bs and a 205/60-15 would work? That was just using a wheel calculator I found online.

Dog, GM Powertrain has a Park n' Shine tomorrow in Toledo. Be about 3000 cars there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, I heard about that show last week. The weather over here in Cleveland is pretty crummy today.

I'm supposed to meet up with this guy today to pick up the 15x6 Prostars for the front. I like the look of your car and want to go that route. Thanks for letting me know about fitment etc. If for some strange reason they don't work out I'll just simply get a 15x5.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I got the rear all set. Got the 15x7 w/ 4.5"bs Prostars and the 235-60-15 tires.

I just want to see if there is any other size front tire I should be running with my 15x6 w/ 3.5"bs Prostars. It looks like I should be looking at the 195-60-15, will anything else work or look better without rubbing?

I'll be getting the CPP 2" drop zero offset kit over the winter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One last time before I special order 195-60-15's.....

I'd rather run a 205-60-15 if I could. I am probably just going to run a zero offset CPP kit (no drop).

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
One last time before I special order 195-60-15's.....

I'd rather run a 205-60-15 if I could. I am probably just going to run a zero offset CPP kit (no drop).
Why don't you make the diy wheelhouse tool in the sticky section so that you can measure your wheelhouse and you won't be all stressed out as to what will fit and what won't.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts