Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used the compi]etition engineering weld on subframe connectors? I like the set up with the leaf spring mount on them. The only thing is that I do not want to move them ionboard like this set up requires. Looking at the pics of them if you were to swap sides when you install them would they line up with the stock front spring perches? Has anyone done this? Can it be done? My drivers side perch is shot were it mounts to the body. Pass side looks to be ok. I would rather get a connecter with the mounts on them. If anyone knows of one that has the mount on them and puts it in the same location as the original or close so I do not have to move the leafs. Any help would ge great.
Nick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Weld the World!!!!

I used the comp eng bolt in connectors and just full welded em in, they run in the stock spring location. What a difference. You can actually open the door when the car is jacked up!! When you put the jack at the rear of the front subframe it picks up the whole side of th car, too!!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I bought both and welded the spring perch from the bolt-on to the weld-on, then put it in. If you need a pic I can post it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A pic would be great. So let me get this straight. The bolt on connectors have spring perches also? I thought only the weld on ones had them? I went to summit yesterday and them pull up a set. I took some mesurements on the weld on and from what I measured it looks like if I switch the drivers and passengers side connectors when mounting the will line up. I am going to pick up a set and give it a go.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
just finished welding comp connectors in today!
the fit was mediocre and we did trim them to fit more closely to the floorpan.we tried reversing them, inverting them,swearing at them,and finally ignored the instructions and welded em in.huge difference in the drop top.def worth the effort.be very careful how you support your car prior to welding.thx,cj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts