Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i am rebuilting my front leaf spring mount. The car is gutted. no motor no rear end. My question is should I install the subfram connectors once I get the new spring mount built or do i wait till the motor and rear end is installed? Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
as long as the car is sitting level you could go ahead and install the connectors. When I did mine on my 63 I jacked the car up in the air and set the connectors in place then set the car down on jack stands under the connectors and welded them in with all the cars weight on them. That kept them tight to the floor. Made the car nice and solid too.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
weld in frame connectors

Check out RealMcCoy @ http://www.hotrodder.com/realmccoy/. Although he's back halfing the car (Nova) the info applies to leveling the car.
What kind of connectors are you using? I tried C/E conns' and ended up only using the spring mount and making my own rails that go all the way to the front subframe. P/M me if you'd like some pics.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Interesting, the instructions for hotchkis subframe connectors say the welding of the connectors should be one of the last things you do to a car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts