Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,849 Posts
The Discount Tire local to me is where I got my Nova's front tires. You can see them in my sig.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discount Tire Direct is only an online seller. Usually the physical stores will not meet Discount Tire Direct prices however I argued with a local salesmanger until he matched their price! I have bought many tires from Discount Tires but I have recently bought tires online from other sellers as well because it was cheaper even with shipping/mounting/balancing etc than buying them through Discount.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great prices and free shipping too!!I have bought from them several times and they always had the lowest price when you figured in shipping.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I am concerned about How Old the tires I buy are. Old tires have real performance and safety issues. It's a known fact.
When will retailers start posting production dates?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but the dates are stamped on the tires.

1. Look on the tire sidewall for a string of letters and number that start with "DOT." The string is over 10 digits long. If you find just "DOT" followed by less than 10 letters and numbers, then the full DOT number that you need is located on the other side of the tire.

2. Go to the end of the DOT number and write down the last four digits. They should all be numbers, like 3199 or 1506. These numbers indicate the date of manufacture of the tire.

3. Decode the tire date. The first two numbers are the week of the year, and the last two numbers are the year of manufacture. For example, "3199" means the tire was manufactured in the 31st week of 1999.

·
Registered
101 Posts
14 inch rims what the biggest tire i can run

14 inch rims on a 63 convertible. what are the biggest 14 inch tires I can run on the car. for with and high. and help??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts