Chevy Nova Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I don't like facebook either, KDee. Never, ever, will I get back on there. But I am on Classic Industries' email list and I get all their sale emails. They have 20% off sales quite often. Right now they have free shipping on orders over $199. It ends tonight at midnight and the code is SPD2011.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
When can I get a grille for my 62 Chevy II? It has been listed in your catalog for several years now, but no one seems to be making them????

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
The best way to make sure you get our discount code, is to go to our website and sign up for our e-blast emails. Then you will receive a notice in your email box automatically whenever we have a special promotion.

Thanks,

Classic Industries PR
I created an account but can't see where to do that.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
When can I get a grille for my 62 Chevy II? It has been listed in your catalog for several years now, but no one seems to be making them????
Me too. I have had my 62 grill on order for 3 years from Classic. Every day I run to the mail box expecting to find my new shiny grill :) only to be disappointed :mad:

But other than that, they've given me good service. :yes: I am glad they are a SNS sponser.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discount Code

Classic is running another special for the 4th of July-save 20%. I just used it on Tuesday and I am expecting my parts today when I get home from work.

Code: IDS2011

Happy 4th

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
so 62convert they list it but dont really sell it, im pretty sure thats false advertising
Now, now, they are a sponser and we don't want to bruise any feelings. However, 62 grills are in every catalog, and they will happily take your order and your money. In all fairness you will get a confirmation telling you its on back order. What they don't tell you is its never been produced. I guess thats a back order? But generally speaking they are straight up to deal with as compared to some others I have dealt with recently.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have not ordered anything from them, mainly because dozens of people have told me they take your order, and money, and then you later find out it is back ordered. As stated above, some people have been waiting a long time for "back ordered" stuff.

As I said, I have no first hand experience, and won't. But that is a poor way to run a business. Even if it is with good intent, their needs to be much better accountability at some level.

Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have not ordered anything from them, mainly because dozens of people have told me they take your order, and money, and then you later find out it is back ordered. As stated above, some people have been waiting a long time for "back ordered" stuff.

As I said, I have no first hand experience, and won't. But that is a poor way to run a business. Even if it is with good intent, their needs to be much better accountability at some level.

Good luck.
Thanks for your comments. We will try to clarify this issue as the statements you may have heard are not accurate.

Most importantly, Classic Industries will never bill for a backordered item until the item becomes available and is ready to ship. We do not accept deposits for backordered merchandise, either. We take the order and then if the item becomes available within 90 days of your original order date, we will automatically bill you for the item and ship the order without notification. If the item is on backorder for longer than 90 days, we will inform you when the item becomes available and you will have the option of completing the order or cancelling the order at that time. But there are never any charges for an item that is backordered unless we can ship it within a reasonable amount of time, it is available and is ready to ship or (after 90 days) the customer has been notified that it is in stock and he agrees to complete the order.

While we do make every attempt to fill backorders as soon as possible, sometimes the availability of these products is beyond our control. In some cases there may be unexpected issues that have arisen in the manufacturing process with quality control and/or tooling that can cause a delay.

In the case of the 1962 Nova grill, there have been quality control issues with the product that we have refused to accept. And, even though it has been a long time, we feel that it is better not to sell an item unless it meets our quality control standards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
so 62convert they list it but dont really sell it, im pretty sure thats false advertising
Each year that we reprint our Nova catalog, we scour the industry for new products and do our best to make sure that we bring to market anything new that enthusiasts may need to restore their cars or keep them on the road. Keep in mind that there are several hundred new products added to the catalogs every year and in most cases, there are no issues and we are able to supply these new items without a problem. Occasionally, however, there are issues that come up and we have to make some tough decisions. In the case of the 1962 Nova grill, the samples that were sent to us did not pass quality control. Unfortunately, due to the timing of the catalog print date and the shipment of these samples, the catalog was printed before we knew about the quality control issues. We refused to accept these grills with these QC issues. We knew that this may disappoint some enthusiasts that had them on order, but did not feel it was in our best interest or in the best interest of the consumer to fulfill these orders with a subpar product. There is an old adage that states "the bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of the purchase." We felt this adage applied in this particular case, so we made the decision to continue to develop the product until it meets our quality control standards with the hope that we could resolve these manufacturing issues in a timely manner. So, we apologize to those of you that have been inconvenienced, but feel the end result will be worth the wait. We hope those of you that have had these on backorder can understand and appreciate our resolve in sticking to our QC standards instead of just giving in and supplying a product that does not meet these standards.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
classic i understand but three years for the guys grill.. its been 4 weeks since i ordered my catalog where is it??? i know i can go online and i do.. but i love flipping through catalogs building my dream car.. like you said bad news travels fast but good news goes nowhere.. so fix it.. i also understand easier said than done..i and others surely look forward to the day that wishing at a catalog picture becoming a phone call and ordering that item. and only to be told it may not be in stock.. its crushing.. i jus wonder when i make MY phone call what will i be told..and im sure others are as well

all im saying is we count on you as much as you count on us...

thank you

·
Registered
48 Posts
.. its been 4 weeks since i ordered my catalog where is it??? i know i can go online and i do.. but i love flipping through catalogs building my dream car.. like you said bad news travels fast but good news goes nowhere.. so fix it.. i also understand easier said than done..i and others surely look forward to the day that wishing at a catalog picture becoming a phone call and ordering that item. and only to be told it may not be in stock.. its crushing.. i jus wonder when i make MY phone call what will i be told..and im sure others are as well

all im saying is we count on you as much as you count on us...

thank you
You should receive your Nova catalog any day now. The Nova catalog shipment only recently came in (within the last couple of weeks). If you would like to send a PM with your name and address, we would be happy to check up on your catalog request. USPS does lose items occasionally, so we can also arrange a reship on it if necessary. As I explained before about the grill, we are as frustrated as anyone. But, we are doing our best to ensure that the product is the best it can be. We do apologize and we appreciate everyone's patience. We will notify everyone who has inquired about this product just as soon as the product becomes available. Best Regards.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
As a long long time customer I must admit that now I will only shop Classic if they are having a sale (free shipping, 20 % off) or if they somehow are the only ones who carry the parts I need.

I know you are a Big Company with Big Overhead and I appreciate the service, general quality of parts and Techs there, but the shipping and handling prices have gone through the roof and have pushed more than a few people I know away.

I can't speak for the whole Forum but you know the amount/number of our members here and that's why you are here as a sponsor. So maybe you should think of some incentive (SNS Code) that will keep the attention of these tech/ web savvy parts shoppers?
I'm just saying...,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Classic Industries Sale Promotions

As a long long time customer I must admit that now I will only shop Classic if they are having a sale (free shipping, 20 % off) or if they somehow are the only ones who carry the parts I need.

I know you are a Big Company with Big Overhead and I appreciate the service, general quality of parts and Techs there, but the shipping and handling prices have gone through the roof and have pushed more than a few people I know away.

I can't speak for the whole Forum but you know the amount/number of our members here and that's why you are here as a sponsor. So maybe you should think of some incentive (SNS Code) that will keep the attention of these tech/ web savvy parts shoppers?
I'm just saying...,
Thank you for the comments. We have very little control over the costs of UPS and FEDEX charges. As you know, the price of oil directly affects the costs of shipping. And, the current trend is that oil prices are up. But, we make it a point to stock most of the items enthusiasts need when restoring their cars, we back it up with great customer service, fast turnaround and a "Money Back Guarantee".

Additionally, for the savvy enthusiast, we have created a few other tools that our customers can use to help offset or even eliminate shipping charges on orders. First, with Classic Industries' Volume Discounts, we offer 5% off orders of $500 or more. We offer 10% off and FREE ground shipping on all orders over $1000. So, if you are building a car and can plan your orders in advance to take advantage of this offer, not only can you receive a discount on parts, but the shipping costs become irrelevant on larger orders.

For smaller orders, we have special promotions fairly often that can help offset shipping costs. Please sign up for our Classic Industries Eblast and you will always be the first to know when we are running a special promotion like our "up-to 20% off sale or our "FREE ground shipping" promotion.

We also have a Price Match Guarantee that you can use should you ever need it.

We hope this information helps. We appreciate the feedback and the interaction with forum members and we thank you for your business.

·
Registered
315 Posts

Good luck.
Deffinately not my experience with Classic Industries, however Year One took my money and then took nearly four months to deliver the parts which were incorrect. You have to be carefull on the Year one purchasing page there is a small box to check if you dont want them to take your money and sit on it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like your catalog Classic Industries and have been treated fairly but I must comment on your 20% sales and the shear quantity of "discount exempt" items you carry, not bragging but my car is complete regarding interior, chrome and marker lights. I can quite literally find nothing I need that applies to the discount. What I'm really looking for is some performance parts and upgrades for the car, a while back I returned some master power rear drum brakes that weighed 35 Lbs per side, unfortunately it was outside the window for money back satisfaction guarantee and I recieved store credit. What I need/want is performance upgrades for my car now, and your prices are probably 15% higher than Jegs or summit for a common Eddy intake and these parts fall under another exempt status as they dont apply to your price match guarantee. My point is I guess my store credit which allready cost me over 70$ in return shipping is going to cost me another 15% to buy something that Jegs sells for much less. What is the point of even carrying performance parts? Customers must be aware of prices with the internet as a tool. Are the performance parts just catalog filler with the real meat being the OER imported reproduction parts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like your catalog Classic Industries and have been treated fairly but I must comment on your 20% sales and the shear quantity of "discount exempt" items you carry, not bragging but my car is complete regarding interior, chrome and marker lights. I can quite literally find nothing I need that applies to the discount. What I'm really looking for is some performance parts and upgrades for the car, a while back I returned some master power rear drum brakes that weighed 35 Lbs per side, unfortunately it was outside the window for money back satisfaction guarantee and I recieved store credit. What I need/want is performance upgrades for my car now, and your prices are probably 15% higher than Jegs or summit for a common Eddy intake and these parts fall under another exempt status as they dont apply to your price match guarantee. My point is I guess my store credit which allready cost me over 70$ in return shipping is going to cost me another 15% to buy something that Jegs sells for much less. What is the point of even carrying performance parts? Customers must be aware of prices with the internet as a tool. Are the performance parts just catalog filler with the real meat being the OER imported reproduction parts?
Hi carcass,

Thanks for the comments. As you know, we are very strong in the restoration parts market. We have an enormous selection and an extensive inventory, stock most items and can ship most orders within 24-48 hours. We are very competitively priced in the restoration parts market. We also carry performance parts as a service to our customers. It is a matter of convenience that our customers can buy all of their products in one place if they so choose.

That said, we understand that you have a somewhat unique circumstance in that your car is already built, you do not need restoration parts at this time and you have a store credit that you need to redeem. We are certain we can come up with a solution. Please PM us here with your contact info and we will have our sales manager contact you with some suggestions on how we can help you redeem your credit and get you squared away in a satisfactory manner.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.