Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started to drive the 63 wagon. The left and right turn signal work unless the brake pedal is pushed. The left side is fine but the right side isn't. both left and right flash if the right turn signal is on and the brake pedal is depressed. The left turn signal works fine with or without the brake pedal depressed.

???????????

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm not good at this stuff but I once had a problem concerning brake lights/turn signals where the tail light sockets were corroded enough that it connected both contacts on one of the bulbs and when I hit the brakes it sent fire to the front park lights and sidemarkers and they came on along with the brake lights:confused::confused: You might check all your sockets for corrosion just in case. My problem was about 30 years ago and oddly enough it was on my first Nova:eek: A puke green '69 It took me awhile to figure mine out but I wish I still had that car, even with all it's problems. Good luck, I'm sure someone else here will have better advice for you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
sounds like one of the wires in the rear is wrong, went through this sort of thing a few months back when I brought my 66 wagon home

·
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Finally got around to looking into this problem. Everything was OK at he back and when I check the wiring harness at the steering column, it showed the promblem was at the switch. I pulled the wheel and switch but didn't see a problem. I reconnected the battery and the signals worked properly. I continued to reassemble everything and at certain stages I would reconnect the battery to recheck. Everything is back together and working fine. Not sure what the problem was but now I'm at the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" stage. Thanks for the replies. Now I can look at the last item on my list. The gas gauge reads just below half a tank and I'm out of gas. Ask me how I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts