Chevy Nova Forum banner

weird fuel lines

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  78NovaTofAH 
Rick that open port was the first thing I saw also. I don't know what the laws are in your state. But where I live if you have it tagged Historic you have no inspection or emissions. I had a pick up truck that was non catalyst and it had a vacuum pump and plastic vacuum lines everywhere. Well if you were to look at those vacuum lines funny they would crack and god for bid you touched one. I pulled all the lines out pulled the pump out and plugged off all the ports. Gave the truck a good tune up and rebuilt the carb. And the five years i had the truck (then sold it) I went right through our state emissions test with very good numbers, with numbers way below the max and way above the min. So if you do not have the money for a intake and carb right now and do not have to go through emissions I'd say yank and cap what you don't need. Keep the EGR and pcv in play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.