Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a '66 Nova SS, and was wondering if anyone else has seen one like it. It's a one owner car with a TON of miles on it, but the guy ordered it with a 283, 3 speed on the column, and bucket seats. I wouldn't think there are many of these out there, it's an odd combination for a 2 door, especially with the buckets. Just curious.

·
14,003 Posts
If you didn't order the optional Powerglide or 4 speed manual, you got the 3 on the tree which was the no extra cost standard transmission. If you went this route on the SS you didn't get the console, because there was nothing to put in the shifter hole and they never made a cover for it. SSs setup like this are pretty rare.
Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's basically for sale, and I'm trying to buy it, but the guy can't decide what he wants to ask for it. I'm 1st on his list, so we'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Ahh..one of those deals...I've got one on a 69 427 4 speed near here...not sure if it's for sale so I must play the game until a decision is made.

·
14,003 Posts
Chiltons, if this is a Canadian built car, that would make it 'super' rare. Check the VIN plate on the drivers door jamb to see if it says 'GM Canada.' There were only 652 V/8 Nova Super Sports built at Oshawa in 1966. I don't imagine too many were 3 speed manuals.
Bob

·
Registered
161 Posts
I asked the same question when i got mine is this a super rare car with a 220 horse 283 and a three on the tree and bucket seats and no console.It must be fairly common.Mine now has a M20 muncie and an original console the bare floor just didn't look right.I kept the parts to put it back but a three on the tree in a SS just ain't right..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the option of buying a 65 impala ss 283 3 speed on column, whats wierd it has a console (auto ) with a blockoff plate where shifter is .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts