Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weights: Stock Clip - MII Clip - PT Clip - Stock Leafs - 4-link - Torque Arm

This is using a certified scale in our shipping department.

Stock front clip with disc brakes

Here is the weight of the new Pro-Touring front end with a 12" Wilwood brake kit, 1" anti-sway bar, power rack & pinion, and engine mounts. You'll notice that the aluminum fender panels and hood hinge supports aren't pictured. We weighed those separately at 16 lbs which makes the total 240 lbs, 58 pounds lighter than stock.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
whats the regular TCI front clip weight?

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here is the weight of the complete Mustang II clip with power rack and 1" performance anti-sway bar(the bar is inside the rack box) without inner panels and hood hinge brackets. The MII clip uses steel inner panels standard so with the hood hinge brackets and hardware there is additional 30lbs added. That makes the total weight of the MII clip 270lbs or 28 lbs lighter than the stock clip. The aluminum panel option will save another 14 lbs off this amount.

-J

·
Registered
46 Posts
What about the weight difference in first gen Camaro and third gen Nova stock front clips against those sweet tubular numbers you guys have??

Jeff-

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What about the weight difference in first gen Camaro and third gen Nova stock front clips against those sweet tubular numbers you guys have??

Jeff-
We scaled the stock 1st Gen Camaro vs. ours a while back and there was 120# difference.

I'd really like to see a DSE clip on this same scale.
Ohhhhh, you and me both. I know a local guy that has one too but I don't think he'd be willing to remove it from his car. :no:

-J

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the complete weight of a F9 open, with Explorer style, disc brakes vs. stock Gen I with drums?
We can weigh a F9 with 12" disc brakes using GM calipers. I'll put it on my ToDo list.

Not sure what the 10 bolt weighs but we recently removed Chad Ryker's 12 bolt and compared it to a Chro-Moly tube F9" and the F9 was 50 lbs lighter.

314 vs. 264 (including a pallett on both rearends)
Both rearends had 13" Rotors, 6 piston calipers, Floating hubs, 31 spline axles, our Torque Arm mounts(heavier on the 12 bolt), our pinion bars, and 3rd member with posi.

-J

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks for doing this. Great info.
Curious the weight difference of the 4 link vs the stock leaf springs/perches. I'll bet it adds 100 lbs to the car once you add the coil overs. I really like the 4 link adjustability, though, and my car really hooks on the street, even with 195/60-14 tires, believe it or not.

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for doing this. Great info.
Curious the weight difference of the 4 link vs the stock leaf springs/perches. I'll bet it adds 100 lbs to the car once you add the coil overs. I really like the 4 link adjustability, though, and my car really hooks on the street, even with 195/60-14 tires, believe it or not.
It was 58# difference comparing mono leafs to the 4-Link. See post #6 above.

-J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts