Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I've been running the street dominator II 300-36 for years and have always been happy with it. Going to switch to the rpm air gap very soon and see how it compares at the track. That's all the input I have.:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, please reply back with how that turns out!!!!!! im very curious on different intakes. what size of cam are u runnin repointer?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
64me said:
yes, please reply back with how that turns out!!!!!! im very curious on different intakes. what size of cam are u runnin repointer?

I'm running the Comp cam XE 274H. I have another thread where I'm tracking the changes I make. Here's the link.

http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37248

This might not be a real accurate manifold to manifold test though. The dominator's ports don't match up with the Vortec style heads that I have now, so on top of the manifold giving me more power (I hope), I'm also hoping the matched ports gives me a little too. Either way I'll be testing the end of this month and will report the results.:)

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I used to run a Street Dominator on a street driven 350 10.5/1 compression, reworked 461x heads, with a Racer Brown STX19 cam 296 adv. duration,108 lobe centers. It ran extremely well to 7200 rpm.I also ran an Edelbrock c3bx dual plane, and a Team G isolated runner single plane. The street dominator worked the best of the three, but unfortunately I don't have any drag strip information.
Bill

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well I'll be.... I have a street dominator (300-36) in the shop. Still in the box. I never really thought about using it for a strip motor. So it really does well up to 7200??? I may use it instead of buying a new Team G.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gasser, i screamed mine to 7000 and it wanted more, give it a whirl, but, as im sure u know, it also depends on your WHOLE set up. dad is running tens with his camaro and uses same intake.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome! I'll post about it as soon as we get it in the car and get a run or two on it. It should hook fairly well. '65 with ladder bars, mono leafs, floaters, drag shocks, moroso trick springs and all solid mounts. Pretty much a super stock setup. Right now we have 2 choices on motors. A 355 and a 406, both mechanical cammed. I would rather finish the 406 but it all depends on which one is closer to being dropped in. Oh and still looking for a new to me powerglide. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts