Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting our own a weekday cruise? Would anyone have interest on possibly a once a month Thursday evening or Friday evening get together in the Long Beach, Ca. area? How many people are local and would attend? I could see if I can secure a spot that would be accommodating.
Let me know if you would be interested and if enough people have interest we’ll see if we can get this going. Thanks, SS.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I would be down... There is a spring summer 3rd Wednesday of the month meet at Clearmans Galley on Rosemead and Huntington Drive.. Its a mash up of classics, hot rods, and muscle cars..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in....oh wait there wont be any week day (or weekend) cruising for that matter here in central Ma for probably another ten weeks at the very least. Just jealous but glad for you guys at the same time, enjoy

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey guys was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting our own a weekday cruise? Would anyone have interest on possibly a once a month Thursday evening or Friday evening get together in the Long Beach, Ca. area? How many people are local and would attend? I could see if I can secure a spot that would be accommodating.
Let me know if you would be interested and if enough people have interest we’ll see if we can get this going. Thanks, SS.
For sure. Long Beach is perfect. If I can ever finish the comedy of issues I've had with my ride, I'm in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am a member of a club in Everett, WA, the Thursday Night Garage Association. It was started here in the early 70s by 5 guys and other clubs with the same name have sprung up in other states. Guess when we meet. ;)
It is an open club including all years of cars and trucks. We go back to the early 1900s, 30s, 40s, etc. muscle and members have new cars such as Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes but they have older rides too. No reason you couldn't start a Thursday Night Nova Association!
Our rules are: There are NO rules (though you're expected to be civil and not a troublemaker), NO dues, NO gurls and NO one president as we are ALL presidents. The closest thing to a president is the person willing to send out the weekly newsletter and arrange 'meetings' which are not the usual meeting with minutes and all that. (though we do tell automotive lies to each other constantly) ;) We do help each other out with parts, vehicle issues and then brainstorm for solutions.
We meet at restaurants mostly in winter weather though no nice rides usually come out in that mess.
In nice weather we often meet at a member host's home or business. We sometimes meet at non-member auto related businesses. We meet from about 4 to 7ish and the host provides food which is $5 if you wish to eat though businesses do not charge but may have a donation jar for a charity. We have a member who makes our jackets, club stickers for your ride, biz cards to hand out and Ts.
Let me know if you start one! :)

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Really good idea ' KingofThings ' . . . . . .

Now , I've got one for anyone who would just like too " get - together " and, don't think "retired " .

Here it is . . . . . . . "ROMEOS" , we do this around the 'Tri-Cities area - - which are : Prescott , Prescott Valley , & Chino Valley , Dewy, Mayer,
Paulden , Arizona .

But , could apply to "Anywhwere USA" .
It's an every Friday morning round-up of cars about 10 am , look at cars & BS , wait untill the place opens for lunch @ 11 am (could be ANY Type of Cars - - That's what we do - - Any Kind of Ride ) - - anything with wheels & a motor , works .
For us - It's buy a T-Shirt . . . and your in - - - That's it = = = No Rules, No presidents, nothing ! ! Show up or skip a week , what-ever .

R - - Retired
O - - Old
M - - Men
E - - Eating
O - - Out
S - - Somewhere

So, I joined up about 2 years ago . . . I was talking too 'Sam' at lunch yesterday . . . . . ( Sam, is the guy that sends out "e-mails" each week about the coming Friday's meeting / eating
place / location ) . . . so, Sam tells us that the member ' count ' is now up too - - 250 + e-mails each week. BUT, remember . . no rules ; You want to go this coming Friday = = =
that's up too you . . . are not. Sometimes, I show up (but, may-be not like this eating place ; I just talk & check out the cars . . then, choose to eat somewhere that I enjoy better.

Kinda like very easy , just takes alittle gas , and have some fun . . . . . . jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Really good idea ' KingofThings ' . . . . . .

Now , I've got one for anyone who would just like too " get - together " and, don't think "retired " .

Here it is . . . . . . . "ROMEOS" , we do this around the 'Tri-Cities area - - which are : Prescott , Prescott Valley , & Chino Valley , Dewy, Mayer,
Paulden , Arizona .

But , could apply to "Anywhwere USA" .
It's an every Friday morning round-up of cars about 10 am , look at cars & BS , wait untill the place opens for lunch @ 11 am (could be ANY Type of Cars - - That's what we do - - Any Kind of Ride ) - - anything with wheels & a motor , works .
For us - It's buy a T-Shirt . . . and your in - - - That's it = = = No Rules, No presidents, nothing ! ! Show up or skip a week , what-ever .

R - - Retired
O - - Old
M - - Men
E - - Eating
O - - Out
S - - Somewhere

So, I joined up about 2 years ago . . . I was talking too 'Sam' at lunch yesterday . . . . . ( Sam, is the guy that sends out "e-mails" each week about the coming Friday's meeting / eating
place / location ) . . . so, Sam tells us that the member ' count ' is now up too - - 250 + e-mails each week. BUT, remember . . no rules ; You want to go this coming Friday = = =
that's up too you . . . are not. Sometimes, I show up (but, may-be not like this eating place ; I just talk & check out the cars . . then, choose to eat somewhere that I enjoy better.

Kinda like very easy , just takes alittle gas , and have some fun . . . . . . jim
Thanks!
HA! Nice name! I've recently heard of a similar one here but haven't learned more yet. I know the old local high school has a brand new club for those who cruised the roadway in front way 'back then'.

·
Super Moderator
3,381 Posts
I could be persuaded. My own ineptitude keeps my convertible's engine transplant from being finished, but it won't be long. I might be able to borrow a Nova for the event.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still building my '63vert but I would still attend in another one of my hot rods.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts