Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Wednesday there is a get together @ the Boston Market on Scott & El Camino from 3-6:30 or so. This week there was well over a 100 cars. I will be attending this regularly. Hit me up if your going.

This 66 was BAD

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Do they still sell hotdogs and have music playing during these meets?

I remember going there in the past... lotta nice cars!!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Every Wednesday there is a get together @ the Boston Market on Scott & El Camino from 3-6:30 or so. This week there was well over a 100 cars. I will be attending this regularly. Hit me up if your going.

This 66 was BAD

I gotta see this car!

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I'd like to get down there to see what's up, but the traffic on 680 is a bummer that time of day!:mad:

Dave

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

This 66 was BAD

did that car have a big block and a 4 speed?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was only there for about 15 min. He never popped the hood & I didn't look @ the inside.

·
Registered
141 Posts
San Jose always gets the credit.:mad: Its in Santa Clara :yes: at what used to be the Mervins parking lot. Its only a couple of miles from where I live so maybe I'll bring the '64 over. This little meet has been going on for quite some time. I thought it was well known.

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I'll be showing up next Wednesday :yes:

-Justin

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Just a heads-up... People start packing-up to leave around 6:00 - if not earlier. Lots of retired guys... and corporate guys that have banker hours. To really have a chance to see all the cars, I recommend you get there by at least 4:00-4:30.

Awesome cars there!!!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The old guys get there early. They leave early because they don't like to drive their cars in the DARK. LOL. But true.

Later on they will stay a little longer. Also the WARM weather helps. I have been their when there has been over 150 cars. I know I count them. The cars start showing up after the time change in March and ends the last week in October. Just before the time change. Nothing happens there in the winter months.

Going on for years.

How many of you guys plan on being there this Wednesday the 8th of April?

Bryan

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
When I lived down that way, we met up at the Happy Days Diner on the corner of Union and Curtner Aves. Is that still going on?

pops

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
When I lived down that way, we met up at the Happy Days Diner on the corner of Union and Curtner Aves. Is that still going on?

pops
NO. Several years ago Happy Dazes had an electrical fire. The Insurance Co. thought it was arson. The new onwer had no insurance for 6 months. Then three weeks after the owner got a fire insurance policy the place caught fire.

Then half way through the rebuild the onwer lost everything. The Hamburger place never reopened.

Today a GREEK fast food business is in the building. NO car get togethers there anymore.

Most of the car guys went to Big Dogs @ Foxworthy and Cherry in San Jose. Then that fell apart. I think someone is trying to bring that back.
Then the car guys moved to MOJO burgers at Minnesota and Bird Aves in San Jose on Thursdays.

I think the Wednesday car get together in Santa Clara is the best right now.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts

pops
Yep, I used to go there every week when I was in college...I rented a house on Dry Creek Road about two blocks West of Bascom Ave. As Bryan mentioned, I had heard it burned down and then complications with the owner prevented him from re-opening...was this all before I moved to SoCal in 2000?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Too bad about the fire, sounds like an insurance job. Before Happy Daze, we used to go over to a burger joint on the corner of Stockton Ave. and The Alameda, I think it was called John's, not much room for cars, but a lot of fun...That was back in my drinking days. Never got into trouble, but came real close a couple of times....

pops

·
Registered
219 Posts
Assuming I get my car roadworthy sometime soon, would my 74 jalopy be out of place there? It's in its "before" stage right now, but I really would like to get out there and start meeting folks. Also, the Wednesday night thing is earlier in the afternoon? What about us working stiffs who wouldn't make it til 5:30 or so? Is there still a point to going at that time?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts