Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been on here after removing my build thread. Anyway,I finally have the car painted(did it myself) and it's been sitting idle for almost a month now. How long should I let the paint cure before installing any weatherstrip or installing the front and back glass? I have everything ready to do it and really itching to start putting stuff back on! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If it's already been sitting for a month you should definitely be good to go. Most paints fully cure within days so some will say a week or two. Grab an extra set of hands for the front and rear windows!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured I should be ok but don't want to cause trapping issues. Especially like in the trunk where it's glued directly to the paint. I'll definitely be asking a friend to help me with the glass. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Are you going to install your front and rear glass before installing the headliner?
My upholstery friend wants to install the headliner first. What are you doing?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't made it that far yet. I know it's easier to do it without glass in. I'd like to do it before glass but Dunno if it'll pan out that way for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 64 Hardtop will be out of paint shop next week. I was also thinking it would be best to put the headliner in before the front and rear glass. Any other comments on this?

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
I installed my new glass myself- before the head liner. I did not have to worry about getting anything on the head liner or having to worry about being careful around it while pulling the rope from inside the car ( rope had some window rubber sealant stuff on it.
Also- I did not have to worry about damaging any of the interior head liner trim around the windshield and back window ( This could be left off until the windows are installed if you do the head liner first though).

I did tape off the all the glass prior to installing the head liner.

If you are having the pros do the head liner and the glass and they are good at what they do- you should have no issues either way.
I think the main reason interior guys want the glass left out is it makes it easier to pull the head liner tight front to rear and they do not have glass in their way when spraying the glue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts