Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one seen one on a 62 Nova? Prolly not. 400 series. Its a Nova. Not many are. VIN tag says Nova and the Body does also. It was a free-be. They were trashing it. Well, F-that.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You don't see the Watt's used that much except for road race/autocross and the Pro-Touring crowd....mostly because it eats up soo much valuable space and weighs quite a bit more than a panhard bar.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
A straight line car is fine with a panhard bar. A car that needs to turn right and left will be more consistently behaved with a Watts Link setup.. Also, the roll center can be tuned to on a setup like Pragmatist has where the link is attached to the chassis. Some mfgs will mount the link system to the differential and the Roll Center is all over the place.. Probably fine for a straight line car that mostly squats and cornering is not a priority..

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,893 Posts
You don't see the Watt's used that much except for road race/autocross and the Pro-Touring crowd....mostly because it eats up soo much valuable space and weighs quite a bit more than a panhard bar.
While I agree space makes having a rear exhaust a challenging pain in the neck I don't think weight is a factor. The way mine is built maybe three lbs. unsprung weight at most compared to a panhard bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts