Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you are using an electric water temp gauge (as opposed to a mechanical gauge) you can add another sending unit to your transmission using an identical sending unit as you have for the water temp. This is easier to do if you have a remote oil filter or an external cooler. Then all you have to do is add a double pole toggle switch under the dash and run the wire from the transmission temp sending unit AND the water temp sending unit to the toggle and then run the wire from the gauge to the center of the toggle switch.
Now you can switch from the water temp to the tranny temp whenever you wish.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Great idea and I'm running the same in my set-up. I took my stock 200-4r pan, drilled the appropriate hole in a location where there is no interference, ordered a temp sending unit and the weld-in temp sending unit adapter and contacted a local powdercoating place who does welding and had it back in 4 days with a price tag of $60.00

The only thing I'm doing different is using an "on-off-on" toggle switch. I really don't need the electrical water temp gauge since the FAST system has a temp sending unit but this way, I've got a back-up just in case.

·
Registered
57 Posts

If you are using an electric water temp gauge (as opposed to a mechanical gauge) you can add another sending unit to your transmission using an identical sending unit as you have for the water temp. This is easier to do if you have a remote oil filter or an external cooler. Then all you have to do is add a double pole toggle switch under the dash and run the wire from the transmission temp sending unit AND the water temp sending unit to the toggle and then run the wire from the gauge to the center of the toggle switch.
Now you can switch from the water temp to the tranny temp whenever you wish.
Cluster looks very nice! I really like that look...and my interior is the same color. So where did you get the material which you placed the gauges into?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the material from an aluminum supplier in Seattle. Their name is Alaska Copper and Brass. Unfortunately, they now have a $100.00 min order. However I do have an extra piece that measures 12x8x3/8". I also have some extra carpet that I bought from Auto Custom Carpets. PM me if you are interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts