Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for someone who can rebuild a water pump. anyone have info on this type of resource. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,107 Posts
There are a number of services like that listed in Hemmings Motor News. There is a guy in Michigan a friend has used and the business is just called Water Pump Man. He was happy with the service but I don't know the cost.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,932 Posts
..... north .....

Welcome to SNS ------ and, you may look at "FlowCooler" web site .

I have a 69 Nova with a 250 / 6 ....... with Factory A/C ....... and this
CAR Has an A/C "six - WATER Pump only" --- short style six water pump
with a 7 blade fan with a "fan Clutch". The last water pump that I bought
------ they (the auto parts store) told me they were only 'six left' - rebuilt ones in stock --- quit making any new of this type water pumps.
I've kept all my cores, and checked the Flow-Cooler site just for this info. Might work .... worth a phone call .....

·
Registered
107 Posts
I purchased from Bill Mock a few times and was very satisfied. He used to advertise in Hemmings. Don't know if he is still listed there but I would recommend him.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I've had my local NAPA send many of my parts out to be rebuilt, water pump, calipers, master, etc.

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
I've had my local NAPA send many of my parts out to be rebuilt, water pump, calipers, master, etc.
Speaking as a former Napa employee, we had quality resources for rebuilding a host of parts, including water pumps. Because Napas normally deal in fleet-line and industrial applications, they have to have a network of qualified rebuilders available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sent pump to WaterPumpMan on Thursday and received back completed on the next Tuesday. rebuilt, blasted, cleaned up and primed, great job. a little over $100. i am very satisfied.

There are a number of services like that listed in Hemmings Motor News. There is a guy in Michigan a friend has used and the business is just called Water Pump Man. He was happy with the service but I don't know the cost.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
north.... thats some very quick return time. i'll keep this place in mind if i ever need a rebuild. were in the north of michigan are you at ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts