Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been having an issue with water getting on my car and air filter while it's raining. Someone said to check the cowl seal for leaks, I don't see any seal at all on my car, does 1973 have a cowl seal, and could someone post a picture of it installed so I can make sure I'm looking for the right thing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
mine is a 73 and I have this seal/stripping around the bottom of my cowl going into engine bay. Car is totally factory. I would assume this is the seal in reference, but I am new to this

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i definitely do not have that seal, are there clips holding it in, or do i squeeze it with the cowl?

Also how much gap do you have at the back of the hood? i have enough to fit my pinky into, but my hood lines up perfectly with the front of the fenders. I think i would be able to see the seal with the hood closed.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If no response I can measure the distance in the morning, but you can not see the strip when the hood is closed on mine and it's a 73 as well. No clips just tucked under

·
Registered
725 Posts
Figured I go out and take a look, completely forgot I have the hood removed already but there was only right around 1/8" gap between cowl and hood. Here is some pictures of the stripping and how it's in ( dont mind the dirtiness it's currently being stripped down.)

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,091 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts