Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
his is a 69, I thought the Harrell cars were 68's. I would have to see some paperwork to go with the story he is telling. Ray Morrison should pipe in on this, he has one that he bought new.

·
Registered
219 Posts
His story sounds plausible enough to me. **** Harrell did build 69 Novas. They were not COPOs, as there was no need for that process in 69. So the part about COPO, and the production number of 500 mentioned, is complete BS. The Heavy Duty automatic transmission was available as a regular production option in 69. To me, this story hinges upon whether he can produce any paperwork to back the **** Harrell story up. Without paperwork, this is just another Nova.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Ed,
How have you been?Have not seen you on the Boards much lately.
Sounds like the guy running the auction is keeping to many parts,wants you to buy them after the Auction.
Joe

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
bbdon said:
His story sounds plausible enough to me. **** Harrell did build 69 Novas. They were not COPOs, as there was no need for that process in 69. So the part about COPO, and the production number of 500 mentioned, is complete BS. The Heavy Duty automatic transmission was available as a regular production option in 69. To me, this story hinges upon whether he can produce any paperwork to back the **** Harrell story up. Without paperwork, this is just another Nova.
It is just another parts Nova, with no engine trans, or rearend! If the original engine and trans are gone, I'm not so sure even with paperwork that the car has much more value than a regular Nova. What kind of paperwork says "**** harrell helped me get the car"? Also, where did the LeMans blue go?

Anybody send him an email asking questions yet?

Randy (enquiring minds wanna know!!):rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Several days ago.

"The car did not come with anything other than the sticker on the window. You might be able to get a list of vin numbers from cheverolet for the production order that this car came out of...not that important to me. Maybe if I was going to professionally restore it I would.

I did not keep any of the original engine parts...I left them in a salvage yard after a race in Arkansas City, Kansas (blown up bad!!!). "

·
Registered
476 Posts
71SS said:
Several days ago.

"The car did not come with anything other than the sticker on the window. You might be able to get a list of vin numbers from cheverolet for the production order that this car came out of...not that important to me. Maybe if I was going to professionally restore it I would.

I did not keep any of the original engine parts...I left them in a salvage yard after a race in Arkansas City, Kansas (blown up bad!!!). "
One thing he probably isn't BS'ing about is racing in Ark City Kansas. There is a dragstrip there (I've been there) its an old Army Air Corps strip. 2 runways all concrete.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
From my emails with him, he sounds like a decent guy. If I were closer, I defintely go check this car out though. Never know what you might find!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Look at the rear quarter,says M&N Racing,he was racing partners with the original owner of the 68 COPO Harrell Super Tuned 396 car that ED C boought off ebay about 3 years ago.Noticed the Stinger hood on the 69...

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I have no way to know if he is legit or not.......my only observation about this is....he says the car was raced or stored for most of its life....BUT the only picture he posts of "his" car racing is actualy not even his car or a car of the correct year it is a picture of a very rare and expensive car that he is stating his car is of the same pedegree(sp?)....to me there is something fishy about that.....why not post a pic of the actual car racing???? his posting a picture of another car and stating that it is his car is more then just a little suspect in my book...:)

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
He said it might be gone soon, he has a couple of people coming to look at it. If I were only closer.:(
It is worth looking at. You never know what you might find. Could be a plain jane L78 or could be the ever elusive special order L89 Nova worth more than we could dream about.
Someone in Oklahoma, GO, no RUN and see what this car is!!!:D

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
What would the Car be Worth?Reads like you dont get the 12 Bolt or the Engine or trans.Tough to tell if the BB Heater Box is there.Hopefully the BB Core Support is there.I guess the Biggest Plus is He should be able to provide Docs.I am not saying the Car isnt worth anything,just seeing what you Guys think it would be Worth.
Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts