Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed and waxed my Nova last weekend. We recently moved so it's been taking a back seat to other things for a while. Got all dusty and dirty sitting in the garage over the last month or so. Couldn't take it, so I got it out and washed and waxed it up really good. Polished the wheels and did the tires up. Looks much better now!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! No didn't detail the interior yet. That's next. I need to clean up the engine bay a little as well.

They're going to repave our road in front of our house, but right now they just put gravel over top of the old pavement, so I haven't had it out in a while. Not really wanting to drive it on that crap and get rock dust all over it.

I got the body restored back in 2005, so the paint is approaching 15 years old, but it's had an easy life so it still shines up good after waxing it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
nice looking 72 you have. i don't care for that stone chip they put down on the roads, its like a sand blaster to the quarter panels. i'll keep an eye out for your nova on the michigan roads.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice looking 72 you have. i don't care for that stone chip they put down on the roads, its like a sand blaster to the quarter panels. i'll keep an eye out for your nova on the michigan roads.
Thanks! We live on a paved road thankfully, but currently it is in the process of being repaved, so there is just gravel down right now. So I haven't had it out in a while. They're supposed to finish up within the next week or two. Then we'll have fresh pavement and the car will stay clean and no stone chips!

I'm located south of Detroit in Monroe County. Are you up by the Zilwaukee bridge in that area? When we go up north we pass by that area.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha yeah for sure, will have to lay some fresh black patches on the new pavement when it's done! :devil:

Will do! Always fun going over that big bridge. That's how I always knew we were getting close to the cabin as a kid when going up north.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha thanks!

Hoping to do a little more work to it this weekend. I need to bypass my heater core until I can get that fixed, and I have a new carburetor to install. Going to take off my 10+ year old Edelbrock and replace it with a new custom ordered AED carb! Hoping it wakes up a little from that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts