Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question concerning storage on a race car.Car is in a garage.Engine has 20W50 racing oil.I was wondering if anyone uses any type of pan heater to warm up the oil prior to starting after sitting all winter.Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I changed the oil right before I started it up every season. That way the oil ran down over the cam and lifters and crank in its way to the pan before I started it.

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
That is pretty thick oil. My thought would be to set a small lamp under the oil pan letting the heat soak in to the pan and help with the draining of the oil. use an incandescent bulb and not led:)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
i've heard of heated dip stick before. i don't know if they still sell something like that.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You can buy a magnetic engine heater at Tractor Supply and other places. Moroso also sells an adhesive pad that you can stick on the oil pan. The magnetic type heaters are inexpensive.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can buy a magnetic engine heater at Tractor Supply and other places. Moroso also sells an adhesive pad that you can stick on the oil pan. The magnetic type heaters are inexpensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts