Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Joe, I'm sure I don't have one but I sure would like to know what a fender trumpet is.
Sam

·
Super Moderator
3,845 Posts
Sure. At the front of a '62 400 series car, each fender has an aluminum trim piece that runs the length of the fender. Or does it? The front 10"-12" is an extension that fits over the long piece or trim at it's aft end, and then, just before reaching the side of the headlight bezel, it flares outward for no apparent reason where it ends. This flare at the front 2" makes it look like a side view of a horn or 'trumpet'. It's poorly attached, ruins the clean line that a straight piece of trim would have, is easily snagged by a washing sponge or polishing cloth, and it was apparently made at the factory with all the aluminum thickness of a Hostess Ding Dong wrapper. Breathe on it and it bends, and a strong wind has been known to ding it. It has a complex shape at the flare, making it nearly impossible to return to original shape if marred. But I'm not bitter.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Frank, Apparently I don't know what I'm looking for as I've probably looked at a hundred '62 novas and still don't know what it's suppose to look like. I'd like to help Joe hunt for one but I still don't have a clue as to what one looks like. Anybody got a photo?

Reactions: Twinshadows

·
Super Moderator
3,845 Posts
Josh, that one's actually pretty nice. It does show everyone what that pain in the neck '62 piece looks like.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
the 62 chevy II nova 4-door was my first nova to own. that model had one of the best looking trim packages on all the novas. i sure wish i had kept that one.

·
Registered
990 Posts
oem part number you are looking for is 3790349 for the driver side and 3790350 passenger

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
i sure wish i had pictures of that 62 400 model i owned. i know someone in my family has some pictures from back when my great grand father had it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts