Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
hello I am looking for this type of taillights I did research on the net but found nothing
di9cq08je6051.jpg

Thanks for your help

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
LED replacements for C3 or C4 corvette, early 2nd gen camaro, or 1968 charger possibly?

Car above is a Ford GT. I think those tail lights are too big for a '72 Nova, even if you could find any.

Bob

Registered
Either of those would require custom metal fab to house those, and if doing that then dont even worry about what car it goes to because youd be cutting and welding and everything else involved. The electrical side of it would be the biggest thing at that point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Registered
there are multiple ways to go about it... most of which require something custom to be done... not sure of the dimensions where the original lights bolt in, but say if 4" ish in height... you could start with two 100mm rings on each side (or smaller)... and make a custom enclosure, either by modifying/grafting into factory style tailight housings, 3d printing something, machining something, etc... they are easy to wire up... there are also cheap led setups, though not many that have as crisp a ring... havent looked for long though...
not sure about the legality of it on your area...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Either of those would require custom metal fab to house those, and if doing that then dont even worry about what car it goes to because youd be cutting and welding and everything else involved. The electrical side of it would be the biggest thing at that point

indeed that does not pose a problem for me

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there are multiple ways to go about it... most of which require something custom to be done... not sure of the dimensions where the original lights bolt in, but say if 4" ish in height... you could start with two 100mm rings on each side (or smaller)... and make a custom enclosure, either by modifying/grafting into factory style tailight housings, 3d printing something, machining something, etc... they are easy to wire up... there are also cheap led setups, though not many that have as crisp a ring... havent looked for long though...
not sure about the legality of it on your area...
you are right a complete creation can be a solution I still look at those of the c4 and c6 they can be modified quite easily remains to be found in France ... at worst, import them

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i found that

I will try to find the dimensions that I seem to be a good alternative, it stays in the style of my car and has to find some ..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you wouldnt mind posting your choice and end result on here, I would love to be able to follow your work on this. Havent seen many guys do something like this, or any at all with a nova so would be awesome.

yes no problem with pleasure! I found this with a depth effect which can really have a good rendering cel comes from an xsr900
feu-noir.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
after a lot of research, the corvette c3 lights are the most suitable in size and shape to integrate the nova.
remains has found isi in france is the galley an address across the atlantic?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello
after a lot of research i will not mount the corvette lights they are too big for me i will opt for that

they make that as the same size it makes better aesthetically
All I have to do is find a reversing light and fog light
What do you think ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts