Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it is the car that gave me the nova bug.i have been asking my uncle for this car since i was 15yrs old. my uncle got the car from his daughter in 78 and she bought it new on 7/1/70.that makes me the third owner of this family jewel and the last for a long time.it need some frame and int work but it will get done starting soon.i will post pic's along the way.

·
Registered
821 Posts
My Grandma had a nearly identical one, just seeing that interior brings back memories big time - my vote with the family history would be to keep it stock, and I love that color!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Other than fixing the rot and interior, what are your plans for it? You leaving the drivetrain alone? Looks like a nice car, well except the underside of the tail:D. I'd probably throw a basic 307 in there (for a good mix of power and milage) and drive it EVERYWHERE!!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my game plan with this car:
mild 350 about 375-400hp
powerglide:w/2200 stall,shift kit,and gear venders overdrive
8.5 10 bolt posi w/3:42 gears
as for the frame i'am looking into weld in conecters and rear frame rails
not sure either new leaf springs or ladder bars w/coil overs
int will get redone green and look mostly stock with after market A/C and stereo.
all new chrome outside
as for the body it was painted 4 years ago the factory color so i'am going to fix some spots and keep it the same color.
as for the wheels it going to be the stock hubcaps with a little more tire or dog bowls w/wheels painted body color.
the nice thing is i have three other novas and i been building this one in my head for a long time so i kinda know how i want this to be.its going to take some time but i want to build the perfect driver.my goal is a nice 12 sec car you can drive everywhere.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
^^Good luck driving it everwhere with the glide, I would atleast go th350 if you plan on driving it around. Goodluck with the car looks like that backhalf needs alot of work:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
looks great on the outside- has to be a repaint, no?

if I may, rear frame rails and trunk pan may need a little work
and i agree with upgrading the trans.
my car came with 307/powerglide.
i came to my senses and upgraded to TH350.

overall- looks like a good car to start with.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Awesome. My grandpa has a C10 pickup that I have been asking for forever and someday I will get it and like you I have plans for it already. Nice to have a collection of Nova's like you so you have options to keep one stock and go crazy with another if you like

1 - 13 of 13 Posts