Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a nice rust-free/ bondo-free passenger door to be used on my 1964 Nova SS. I had a beautiful '63 door and gave it away to a dude last year because I had bought what I thought was a rust-free '64 door. Well as the body shop has stripped everything it has exposed a bunch of bondo and rust in the door. Bummer! Especially since I had a real-nice '63 door and gave it away.

Who's got a nice passenger door for the 64PRONOVA?

I have cash and/or parts to trade for a nice one.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice 63-64 Nova passenger doors used to be a lot easier to come by than some of the NOS parts I'd be willing to trade up or down for one.

I see the entire door shells are now being reproduced. Maybe that's the only route to go?

Has anyone tried the complete door shells?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Nice 63-64 Nova passenger doors used to be a lot easier to come by than some of the NOS parts I'd be willing to trade up or down for one.

I see the entire door shells are now being reproduced. Maybe that's the only route to go?

Has anyone tried the complete door shells?
I have a pair of goodmark shells that I ordered in for someone else and they went in the wind. So I was going to use them on my convertible and sell the original doors but decided against that. Test fitted them and they matched the body lines well and looked great but for some reason didn't want to work with power windows. The original manual parts all went in and worked but since I had power I decided against using the new doors.

I would love to offer them to you for $100ea just to get them out of my way, but shipping would be horrible I'm afraid.

Anyway, if you need any measurements or info on them I could be of service. Just need to dig them out.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw an OEM door yesterday and it needed about the same amount of body work as the one I have now so I passed on it. A different guy is going to send pics of another one tomorrow but so far haven't found a real nice one.

Shipping isn't an issue for me. I'm probably going to have to get it shipped whether it is OEM or repop.

This is a nation-wide search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts