Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 63 wagon someone started to bolt on a 4-link rear setup. It looks to be a G-force (?) setup best I can tell. After reading about quarter panel issues, I'm thinking I would like to put leafs back under the car. The front leaf spring hanger/mount is still there, but the rear has been removed. I cant seem to find a pic of what I need to find? It looks like it isnt an aftermarket part either? I took a pic of the frame rail where it mounted. I hope this helps? It looks like just 4 bolts to bolt it on? pic is a little dark I will try to get a better one tomorrow Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
They are wagon only, there is a left and a right, and they fit all wagons all years. Same shackles and bolts as a sedan, but the brackets that mount to your picture there are wagoon only.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all great info!! thanks! I'm on the fence on the 4-link. Its uncharted territory for me. It's just gonna be a cruizer but might be subjected to a burnout or two..lol.. the part that seems scary to me is the upper links that are just mounted and plated to the floor. Idk..but it looks pretty easy to swap back to leafs? I'm just trying to keep it simple, with minimal headaches. anyone have experience with this style 4-link?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it appears that this is what they have started on my wagon
K580011 - 1962-67 Chevy II / Nova G-Bar Rear Suspension With Coil-Over Shocks
I'm missing coilovers and the upper mount for them. but the rest looks to bolted on. It just seems that the upper bars mounting to the floor pan seems like trouble to me? IDK

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw this kit on classic industries site. I just showed it to a chassis guy and he says it should be ok for a cruiser ? Idk on the fence now...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Rat for the pic! I'm still undecided on keeping the 4 link of going back to leafs? thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts