Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am looking to redo the wiring for the tailgate motor and am wondering what to use or how to make a new wire gromet / plug on the bottom of the tailgate. it seems that the wire was cast into the rubber. mine was torn all the way to the block which is why it has a half a roll of tape on it. i am thinking multiple conductor jacketed wire, like trailer wire for this and the tail light wiring since most of it is on the outside of the car. any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have not done any better than what you did. I used a length of rigid plastic such as on the wir loom hidden under the door sill plate and tied this on with wire loom thread. I have not seen anything to repair this area availble commercially.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can use an umbilical sleeve from a doner vehicle used to pass wiring into a door, if the umbilical rubber is equal or even a tic larger it will reshape into the factory rectangle hole and should work just fine, it might take a little work to locate the (perfect one) but it should make a clean refitment.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Back up light kits for 1965 wagons include the gromet and stress relieving spring. They show up on Ebay from time to time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts