and im gonna farm out the headliner but other than that here it is
please let me know what you think..
remember its no kit we built it all in my dining room

thanks for lookin
craig

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Looks great, but you will need to apply a coat or two of wax to get the paint comparable!LOL!!:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Looks great! I think I saw a few posts on The HAMB about it if I remember correctly. Going for the 60's look I guess and heavy flake roof next to match the tops of the flaked panels? If not then I think it would look great and be a bit different. I'm not sure how many here are into that but either way you go will look nice. Great work!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Looks great! I think I saw a few posts on The HAMB about it if I remember correctly. Going for the 60's look I guess and heavy flake roof next to match the tops of the flaked panels? If not then I think it would look great and be a bit different. I'm not sure how many here are into that but either way you go will look nice. Great work!
yeah that was me on the HAMB and yes the top and paint are next..
all though one member here beat me to the paint but he is on the west side of the country..so im still doin it
glad you guys like it
i think it turned out better than i thought it was going to
craig

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah you will be fine since your on the East haha. The East coast IMO is behind on the times or style I should say. Especially with the traditional hot rods and period correct vehicles. I am from So California and I'm sure you know that the style there is much different. Even though it's just a different state, for some reason style and people are different. Nothing wrong with it at all so please no comments on things like "go back if you dont like it". I like it here in NC or the east, it's cheaper to live, no crazy people and laid back. :devil:
As for the flat black thing, I am glad your not going that route. That has been way over done and was gone a long time ago but I still see people here talking about it and saying that it's the new style. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah you will be fine since your on the East haha. The East coast IMO is behind on the times or style I should say. Especially with the traditional hot rods and period correct vehicles. I am from So California and I'm sure you know that the style there is much different. Even though it's just a different state, for some reason style and people are different. Nothing wrong with it at all so please no comments on things like "go back if you dont like it". I like it here in NC or the east, it's cheaper to live, no crazy people and laid back. :devil:
As for the flat black thing, I am glad your not going that route. That has been way over done and was gone a long time ago but I still see people here talking about it and saying that it's the new style. :rolleyes:
I think that was quite true at one time. Everything I grew up with seemed to start in CA. Skateboarding, music, custom cars, and easily impressionable girls. Now everything seems kinda retarded in CA. I'm waiting for Cali to sink.

·
Registered
105 Posts
El enterioir

Great work! Someday soon my wagon will be done. How much to make me a rear seat cover? Congrats!

:chev:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think that was quite true at one time. Everything I grew up with seemed to start in CA. Skateboarding, music, custom cars, and easily impressionable girls. Now everything seems kinda retarded in CA. I'm waiting for Cali to sink.
I am with you on this one! Unfortunately I have most of my family there still so I dont want it to sink with them on it. Also it's scientifically proven that the way the plates run that it's impossible for it to break off and float away or sink... :rolleyes: :confused: Oh well, there's still hope right? :D

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
What a great job!! Looks factory fresh, better than. Im impressed.. JR

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
That looks really good. You guys have some pretty amazing skills. What thickness foam did you use for the seats?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lugnut.... That looks really good. You guys have some pretty amazing skills. What thickness foam did you use for the seats?

Novajay..... Turned out great, Craig!

JRouche... What a great job!! Looks factory fresh, better than. Im impressed.. JR

thanks again guys
im glad you guys like it
the foam is 1/2 " high density with 1/4" 8 oz polyester badding
(think beautyrest:yes:) instead of the cotton that was in the seats
craig

1 - 20 of 20 Posts