Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little help...I have a 67 wagon and want to put the widest rim and tire combo I can, without hitting the leaf springs, but I don't mind mini tubing it..

Can anyone tell me what they run?

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I would think that it wouldn't be any different than a hardtop or sedan. :no:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really sure, but I posted something yesterday and no help, so I thought I needed to change my topic...my car was a drag car and I'm putting back to stock leafs,just want the biggest I can get.

I'm sure the cars are the same.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Okay, now this begs to question.......

If it was a drag car and you want to run a wide tire, why are you going through the trouble of putting "stock" leafs back in? :turn: :confused:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The original hangers were there, so it wasn't hard to put the stock stuff back in it, I'm putting stock fender wells back in it so I can widen them if I need to. I just want some what stock interior and be able to have a back seat.

I guess I should have said can I at least run a 10" rim or 8"... What's the biggest

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Okay, got ya'!

But you could have still run a rear seat with a larger wheel tub, you just need to re-shape the sides of the back portion of the rear seat. I was going to do that until I made my car too fast and needed a rollbar to pass tech. A rear seat is useless when someone has to crawl around a rollbar to get in or out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tier size

I have a 67 2 door hard top with L60 -15 tires on it . I had to trim the front of wheel opening and trim the fender lip to get them to fit. The wheel 7 inches wide with a 4.5 backspace.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I run 235/60 mickey et street radials on a 7'' wide rim, 4.5'' backspace. Fits mint; ever so slight rub around corners but nothing alarming. 63 wagon but I assume a similar fitment on yours.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the info guys, I'll look into that, wanted to try to run an 8" rim, but doesn't look like it... Thanks again.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a set of 20x8.5s for the rear of mine. Its a 67 wagon
You have a picture of that? I was looking at an american racing wheel in that size for the back, but I might go 17" up front and 18" in the back. Been trying to find a picture of some to look at. I'm also mini tubing it so I can get a wider rim under there. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I am running a Maverick 8'' rear. It's 1.5'' narrower than stock. I have 17 x 8's with 4''BS in the rear. Tires are 215/50's. Plenty of clearence all the way around. I haven't done any mods to the wheel wells, no snubber removal.The 8'' wheel with 4''BS gives them a nice deep look.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am running a Maverick 8'' rear. It's 1.5'' narrower than stock. I have 17 x 8's with 4''BS in the rear. Tires are 215/50's. Plenty of clearence all the way around. I haven't done any mods to the wheel wells, no snubber removal.The 8'' wheel with 4''BS gives them a nice deep look.
Thanks!!! That's what I'm looking, the deep look...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts