Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if theres a sticky or answer already posted, but I can't seem to find any links/info on what a wagon can or cannot use that the 2-doors can (e.g. rear suspension, tail lights, bolt-on exhaust kits, etc).

For example, I've been considering the HRTH Truckarm for my wagon, but I'm not well versed in the intricacies of the car(s), so I'm unsure if it'll fit the longroof model Nova.

Is there a general rule or acceptance for what can or wont transfer between the two?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
underneath it's all the same until behind the rearend....(vert's have more bracing, but use same susp. components)

all you exhaust should be the same

tail lights are wagon specific...

just post you specific question on what ever you're working on and someone will chime in with what will work, you'll pick up on it quick....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You more or less answered it for me. Thanks. I always wondered if it was just from behind the rear its different or if the wheelbase was longer in some cases... Great.

So I suppose the HRTH (or anything) will work then, correct?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ht, 4 door, sedan, wagon, the underside is all the same minus the wagon rear... vert is mostly the same but w/ areas beefed up...

susp. components all the same front and rear, minus wagon rear shackles and leafs are a heavier rate, also diff. gearing in the rear ends...

some front end stuff is year specific but not model specific...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts