Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put a procharger on their 62-67 with the stock front clip?I am looking to put one of these on my car but it sure looks like it will not fit very well

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
A standard side slung procharger kit will not perfectly fit on a stock stub. It would require some cutting. Procharger does offer a relocation bracket that would help fitment also. Which blower are you looking at? That can make some difference. I have been waiting for a stock stubed car to come into the shop so I can do some work on coming up with a good solution but nothing yet. Ofcourse a reverse rotation Procharger would fit but would require a relocated radiator.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent got as far picking one out yet. i may go with a vortech. im just worried about it hitting the shock tower

·
Registered
931 Posts
vortech

I had a 67 Nova with stock front clip with a vortech supercharger kit off a 96 camaro lt1. It fit perfect!! Just had to fab the air intake. I would not a buy a procharger they are leaky pieces of junk. My buddy was a procharger dealer and 1 out of every 2 got replaced for leaky shaft seals.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I had a 67 Nova with stock front clip with a vortech supercharger kit off a 96 camaro lt1. It fit perfect!! Just had to fab the air intake. I would not a buy a procharger they are leaky pieces of junk. My buddy was a procharger dealer and 1 out of every 2 got replaced for leaky shaft seals.

I am gonna have to respectfly disagree with your statement. I myself am a Procharger dealer and have not seen one leaky piece of junk. Your statement may be true to an extint but I sense some bitterness in it and assume there's some amount of exagerating. They may of had some seal design issues years ago but not in the last 5 years I have been dealing with them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would rather do a turbo but, then i would need different headers. I dont think anybody makes a bolt on turbo kit

·
Registered
68 Posts
Blowers like vortech and procharger, are just belt driven turbos in my mind. So, they essentially have the same driving characteristics, just different ways of spinning the turbine.

That being said, I hope you can stuff it all in there. Who doesn't love forced induction?

And Stangs4Sale, loving the Hamm's can. There are many empties strewn about my garage from nights working out there. Who doesn't dig the dancing bear...lol...

-Sam.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Does anyone know if the mounting bracket for the procharger actually comes from procharger or are they homemade on the stock front clip cars?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone know if the mounting bracket for the procharger actually comes from procharger or are they homemade on the stock front clip cars?
Hey justin did you ever get this sorted??
any help would be appreciated...
I wanna run a procharger too...
gettin ready to get cbr kit or new tci clip...
procharger fitment is my deciding factor.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
procharger bracket

Has any one see a bracket to mount a procharger on the stock clip with a ls1 engine?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I know this is a old thread but im getting ready to do my LS3 pro Charged in a stock front end. Hoping more have done this or seen it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts