Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any opinions on a rocker to run on vortec heads that do not have screw in studs,so no guide plates,heads have bigger springs installed and running comp 274 cam,worth buying roller tip self aligners for 250 or cheap aftermarket roller tips or just stock stamps??? thanks cranker

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Does Jegs ship your way? $229.99

Our R&D team has done it again! They have come up with one of the strongest, most ratio-accurate light weight rockers available. You can expect 15+ horsepower just by bolting these on and tossing those heat generating stamped OE pieces, plus you'll increase your rpm range thanks to our lightweight construction. Extruded from 2024 aluminum, these rocker arms feature the best of everything! Including US-made bearings in the fulcrum, 4130 trunion, roller axle and adjusting nut, heat-treated 8620 steel roller tip and pushrod seat. Clearanced for 1.625" spring and retainer combinations. We finish them off with a stealth black anodized finish and laser etch the Jeg's logo along with the rocker arm ratio on the face. Made in USA.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya they do but will be over 300 by the time they get here.i can get some scorpions for about 230 canadian bucks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i read the thread from above,and what i get out of it is,,roller tip probably a waste of money and i don't have the cash to spend on full rollers..sooo i guess i'll just put some stock stamps on for now

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
ya they do but will be over 300 by the time they get here.i can get some scorpions for about 230 canadian bucks
There's nothing wrong with Scorpion rockers!!:no:

I think that's who's making the Jegs rockers anyway.:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
freebies

so i read the thread from above,and what i get out of it is,,roller tip probably a waste of money and i don't have the cash to spend on full rollers..sooo i guess i'll just put some stock stamps on for now
Hey Cranker,
I installed a set of scorpions this winter and have my stock GM stamped self aligning ones. You may have them for free if you want. Less then 4000 miles on them, off my ZZ4 crate motor.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that would be awesome,at least i can get this thing fired up,maybe put some scorpions on later.....i'll send you a pm

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that is some good info,17 hp for about $300 thats not a bad investment,comp magnums look like a pretty good deal...thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts