Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have a Vortec Performer RPM Air Gap & a set of RHS Vortec heads for my SBC. I have Felpro gaskets at work & was wondering if anyone can recommend what intake gaskets I should use. I think that the #1255 would work, its the same port size & thickness as what Edelbrock says to use with ther intake. Any ideas? Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I used the felpro gaskets with no problems so far- I know they are not reusable but they work! :D

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
I used the 1255 gaskets on my vortec setup. They just seemed a bit more sturdy and didn't have any significant history of failure like I'd heard from the fragile GM gaskets.

They're cheaper too. :)

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
DriveWFO said:
Hmmmmm.....I must be lucky or have different GM gaskets???
I think there are two versions of the GM gaskets- can anyone confirm???

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
No. One version. Gm Gaskets are fine, Fel-Pros are too. Just have to be careful not to overtorque the plastic one's (GM). By the way, NAPA carries the plastic ones too. They are cheaper than GM, and for the life of me I cannot see any difference when both are held up together. If you plan on swapping intakes down the road, the plastic one's are a godsend (I seem to be swapping alot of intakes lately and thay are provong themselves very worthy). Dale

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
teddisnoke said:
No. One version. Gm Gaskets are fine, Fel-Pros are too. Just have to be careful not to overtorque the plastic one's (GM). By the way, NAPA carries the plastic ones too. They are cheaper than GM, and for the life of me I cannot see any difference when both are held up together. If you plan on swapping intakes down the road, the plastic one's are a godsend (I seem to be swapping alot of intakes lately and thay are provong themselves very worthy). Dale
You got a NAPA part$?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
gaksets

I just put a new set Of the GM plastic ones on. They seem very nice but not to cheap on the other side but hey you can re-use them over and over.
I like and use both brands but felt better using the GM ones on the votec style intake. Is the other ones plastic too? Just my 3 cents.:shh:

steve w.:chev:

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
There has actually been the original GM part number for the gasket, then a change-up to try to improve it, and then the current number that seems to work great. I work at a GM dealership, and would have to say that the first 2 numbers were not reliable, as stated here. However, you should have no fears if you got an 89017465.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts