Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over to pick up a new set of re-usable intake gaskets. I've re-used mine a few times now and thought it best to re-invest. They served me well, no sense in pushing it. But when I hit the local GM dealer, I was ASTONISHED when they told me that the old $33.00 a set price had went up to over $57.00!!!!:eek: For what!!!! A new GM part number? Thats just too crazy. Hit my local NAPA Auto Parts and $27.17 later, I had a new set, and Victor Reinz (who makes the gasket, probably GM's too!) is even nice enough to throw in a dist. gasket. For those who might want to know, here's the part number: MS16167. Dale.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
teddisnoke said:
I went over to pick up a new set of re-usable intake gaskets. I've re-used mine a few times now and thought it best to re-invest. They served me well, no sense in pushing it. But when I hit the local GM dealer, I was ASTONISHED when they told me that the old $33.00 a set price had went up to over $57.00!!!!:eek: For what!!!! A new GM part number? Thats just too crazy. Hit my local NAPA Auto Parts and $27.17 later, I had a new set, and Victor Reinz (who makes the gasket, probably GM's too!) is even nice enough to throw in a dist. gasket. For those who might want to know, here's the part number: MS16167. Dale.
Thanks!!!!!!!! :)

Here's a pic of them. The complete NAPA part# is NGAMS16167:

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Joe said:
Dave,
Does the Napa set come Complete or just with what you posted in the Picture?
Joe
I'm not sure. They don't have a description, just that picture. Dale said the kit comes with a dizzy gasket too.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
The reason I asked is the last two Vortecs I did I usedOn one GM Gaskets and the Other Fel Pro.Those Sets came with the Seal for the Cover over the Injectors and the Tube of RTV for the ends, I know you guys dont need that,I was just Wondering if the Napa set came complete.
Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts